"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yesterday's ride of 101 brings my Lifetime Imperial E number to 100. A satisfyingly round number. To get beyond that now will take a deal of effort which I'm unsure I have enough OCD to pursue. 35 rides of 105 or more would likely take me to much energy, quite a few years and a lot of earache from Mrs 26.

Oh lordy - Did I spot a climbing Eddington :wacko:?
Well done and welcome to the 100+ club...its a fair tough old game from herein

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Yesterday's ride of 101 brings my Lifetime Imperial E number to 100. A satisfyingly round number. To get beyond that now will take a deal of effort which I'm unsure I have enough OCD to pursue. 35 rides of 105 or more would likely take me to much energy, quite a few years and a lot of earache from Mrs 26.

Oh lordy - Did I spot a climbing Eddington :wacko:?
Brilliant! we're in this 100 together, I need 31 to get 105 now (5 for 101) Mr CKG is very happy, not sure I've even ever said about Eddington numbers. The more I ride the more peace he gets to escape to the golf course.

Climbing Eddington rises more regularly ^_^

P h i l

Found it quite tough today - maybe not riding for 11-days, including 7-days on a seaside diet, isn't conducive to cycling.

Actually, I think it is. Rest is part of a training schedule for athletes. For me, cycling after a weeks' rest I find that I'm eager to cycle again and usually go further and/or faster because of that rest period. YMMV (<hmm, I wonder if Europeans use YKMV 🤓)

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm still on 107. My metric version is 165

C R

Guru
You guys make me feel totally inadequate. I was playing with my ride numbers the other day, and worked out that my metric Eddington has only just reached 50, the imperial 34.

I'm only on an ED of 37 so far, and need 22x50 to match last years ED 50, my best year since restated cycling.
Any distances in excess of 50 is just for lifetime ED I think.
Covid stopping group rides meant I only cycled 35 ish when solo, as I'm such boring company to myself.

Top Bottom