"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
You guys make me feel totally inadequate. I was playing with my ride numbers the other day, and worked out that my metric Eddington has only just reached 50, the imperial 34.
You have done 165 rides of at least 165km, my longest ride ever was just over 80km, I don't think I will ever get anywhere near your numbers.
It's not a competition @CR (or is it for some?). Just enjoy your riding. If a target is a thing you like aiming at this is just one possibility. Plenty other targets if that's your bag. Or just don't do targets. Simples :okay:

C R

Guru
Thanks @Supersuperleeds and @twentysix by twentyfive. My comment was tongue in cheek, and meant to show admiration. I do enjoy long distances, and maybe at some point I'll manage higher Es, it is a matter of having the time to do it, and with three monkeys under 15 time is a commodity in very short supply.

Last edited:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Thanks @Supersuperleeds and @twentysix by twentyfive. My comment was young in cheek, and meant to show admiration. I do enjoy long distances, and maybe at some point I'll manage higher Es, it is a matter of having the time to do it, and with three monkeys under 15 time is a commodity in very short supply.
Indeed. You will see the my E only really increased significantly (see the graph earlier) once my 2 fledged and flew and I retired. After which I discovered this extra goal thing.

13 rider

Guru
Since the demise of mycylinglog I've been using Swinney.net to calculate my Eddington number and it seemed not to be going anywhere . Today I noticed that a load of miles from 2019 was missing so deleted my Strava data then reloaded it and hey presto a new Eddington of 76 ,3 over 77 for the next one then 1 more over the next distance to get to 80 thanks to doing centuries and very few rides over 80 but less than a ton

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Since the demise of mycylinglog I've been using Swinney.net to calculate my Eddington number and it seemed not to be going anywhere . Today I noticed that a load of miles from 2019 was missing so deleted my Strava data then reloaded it and hey presto a new Eddington of 76 ,3 over 77 for the next one then 1 more over the next distance to get to 80 thanks to doing centuries and very few rides over 80 but less than a ton
I just took a look and all I see is this...

:wacko:

Today's 107 miles gets me up to 105 (imperial).

11 more at 106+ for 106.
47 more at 107+ for 107.

Top Bottom