"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Veteran
43 miles ^_^

presta

Guru
Mine: I'm trying to do rides over 110 miles now, once I reach that I might stop chasing it :ohmy:

Rides to reach1095
Rides to reach11010
Rides to reach11120
Rides to reach11234
Rides to reach11340

There's not much point in doing 110 mile rides.
For the sake of another 3 miles, 113 miles will still give you E110 in ten rides, but they're also contributing toward E111, E112, & E113 as well.

Willd

Veteran
How many rides to 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 and 50.
Just interested:okay:
Each time I do a 50+ ride it's going to go up roughly one at a time, so 7 rides to 50. After that it'll be a while to 62 :whistle:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I thought mine was going to go to 49 after a half century at the weekend, but alas is still stuck on 48. 1 more 50 miler to get it to 49 and a further 2 to get it to 50.

Annoyingly I have a 49.97 mile ride in my history, where Garmin said 50.0 miles, only to upload it and find I was a few cm's short!!:laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I thought mine was going to go to 49 after a half century at the weekend, but alas is still stuck on 48. 1 more 50 miler to get it to 49 and a further 2 to get it to 50.

Annoyingly I have a 49.97 mile ride in my history, where Garmin said 50.0 miles, only to upload it and find I was a few cm's short!!:laugh:

I feel your pain. I have a 94, 97 and two 98 milers between me and the magic 100. What was I thinking?

Actually what I was thinking was: "I'm knackered and my bum hurts. No way am I riding some extra loops. I don't care what the GPS says, it's coffee time!"

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I feel your pain. I have a 94, 97 and two 98 milers between me and the magic 100. What was I thinking?

Actually what I was thinking was: "I'm knackered and my bum hurts. No way am I riding some extra loops. I don't care what the GPS says, it's coffee time!"

Yes I had a 48 miler like that where I thought nah, I'm bushed can't be bothered to do 2 miles worth of "finishing circuit laps". I have a few between 45-50 from before I discovered Eddington numbers.

I've also just seen I have a 45 miler that was really about 60 odd, but my garmin wasn't charged properly at the start of coast to coast + ride, so it got a bit of pre ride charge, whilst we were faffing / gathering etc and top ups at coffee / lunch stops, but has a couple of blank spots in where it missed miles and I have two 30 miles rides from yonks ago titled ride to "xxxx" and ride back from "xxxx". We only stopped for lunch at a teashop so not sure why i reset my garmin?? :sad:

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Yes I had a 48 miler like that where I thought nah, I'm bushed can't be bothered to do 2 miles worth of "finishing circuit laps". I have a few between 45-50 from before I discovered Eddington numbers.

I've also just seen I have a 45 miler that was really about 60 odd, but my garmin wasn't charged properly at the start of coast to coast + ride, so it got a bit of pre ride charge, whilst we were faffing / gathering etc and top ups at coffee / lunch stops, but has a couple of blank spots in where it missed miles and I have two 30 miles rides from yonks ago titled ride to "xxxx" and ride back from "xxxx". We only stopped for lunch at a teashop so not sure why i reset my garmin?? :sad:

Surely Eddington was only interested in ridden miles in the day. The fact Garmin recorded there and then recorded back; doesn't change how far your ride was. Its just recorded differently?

I've had the Wahoo on the bike showing an average 25khr (not bad with 40% of ride in town) and when uploaded Strava showed average of 24.9!

Want to work this out. I'm sure I've got 35miles but 50 will take another year or more! Kudos to all those of 100 and more!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Surely Eddington was only interested in ridden miles in the day. The fact Garmin recorded there and then recorded back; doesn't change how far your ride was. Its just recorded differently?
Indeed
@T4tomo 30 mile to work and 30 miles back is a 60 miles in a day ride, so counts towards your totals.
Eddington is miles ridden, however many rides or gaps between them in a single day.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom