"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
It's quite demoralising... every time you do a long ride and think 'that'll push my number up' you find one of your shorter rides dropped off the bottom.
I don't seem to have a lot of 70-120 mile rides in my list and so no matter how many 100+mile rides I do my E number only increases very slowly.
Even PBP (and all it's qualifiers (assuming I make it) will only get me to 80.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's quite demoralising... every time you do a long ride and think 'that'll push my number up' you find one of your shorter rides dropped off the bottom.
I don't seem to have a lot of 70-120 mile rides in my list and so no matter how many 100+mile rides I do my E number only increases very slowly.
Even PBP (and all it's qualifiers (assuming I make it) will only get me to 80.

Indeed, the higher you get the harder it is to raise the number
I need 1 more 105+ ride to get to that number, but to get to 106 I need another 6 of those. 23 110+ to get to that number. It's not something that quick or easy to do.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I like that, took me a while and a lot of help from @SatNavSaysStraightOn to get excel to calculate it automatically
In the spreadsheet I use, if you order your mileage column in descending order, when the mileage number last exceeds the column number, there's your E number.

My own number has been static for some time while I experiment with prostate problems. Ah, the joys of ageing!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
In the spreadsheet I use, if you order your mileage column in descending order, when the mileage number last exceeds the column number, there's your E number.

My own number has been static for some time while I experiment with prostate problems. Ah, the joys of ageing!

Which is what I do and My Cycling Logs makes it easy to do by allowing you to download a CSV file to excel.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm on 81, only need another 69 hundreds to get to 100 ^_^

Which is awesome considering the short amount of time you have been cycling and logging your miles.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

I just enter my ride data and my Eddington number just drops out, no need to sort anything, use COUNTIF function

Top Bottom