"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Veteran
Not quite up there with @Supersuperleeds, but mine has crept up to 35 miles :blush:

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
l started to record my bike rides when I got "serious" about cycling and got my first all Carbon bike this time last year.

I am doing the 50 mile a month challenge but the recent discovery of the Eddington no strikes me as the real measure of how committed you are to riding.

So far its 25 and hope to get to 50+ (I'm 63). Can't understand why people don't add this to their footnotes on here? Chapeau to anyone who's reached 50 and especially so to those much higher. You are proper Chaps and Chapesses (as my old history teacher used to say).

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I don't know whether it's correct to count by ride or by day. Maybe the answer is further back in the thread?
For example if I do a FNRttC that may be 66 miles itself, and then it's usually at least a further 6-10 miles returning home. So in the first instance it's 66, in the second, it could be 72-76 miles.
In my case the Eddington # comes to;
By ride; 69
By day; 77
So that large difference is because of several instances of the very example above.
At least 75 x 100 to get to 100 - at my age it's highly unlikely.:sad:

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I don't know whether it's correct to count by ride or by day. Maybe the answer is further back in the thread?
For example if I do a FNRttC that may be 66 miles itself, and then it's usually at least a further 6-10 miles returning home. So in the first instance it's 66, in the second, it could be 72-76 miles.
In my case the Eddington # comes to;
By ride; 69
By day; 77
So that large difference is because of the very example above.
At least 75 x 100 to get to 100 - at my age it's highly unlikely.:sad:

The correct Eddington is miles ridden in a day, though many calculate both. My single ride Eddington is 106 whereas my day Eddington is 108.

Top Bottom