Edge 200, odometer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PLuKE

Hi

I have received a Edge 200, and I see you can't add your own mileage from what I did on my old cycling computer.

As its a basic device, it doesn't do what the upper models do.

To change the odometer from what u have been reading, you have to change it in the files on the device, with a program to unpack the file, change and repack. But unsure how to do this?!

Luke

screenman

Legendary Member
If it worries you that much just wait until you ride under some tree's. Can you not just keep a note of them.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
It looks (from a bit of Googling I just did) like the Edge 200 uses the .FIT file format, which is binary, not text. The only way you can update the odometer value is to use a software application to modify the file. Text editors won't be any use with these, sorry.

paul04

Über Member
Try this.

If you go to the garmin connect webpage, you can do a manual input,
You could name it old miles, give the file a time and date, put your miles down and save it.

garmin man.jpg

young Ed

Veteran
Try this.

If you go to the garmin connect webpage, you can do a manual input,
You could name it old miles, give the file a time and date, put your miles down and save it.

View attachment 75386
i think the OP wants to have a record of these on his edge 200 as if he has already been using GC then it will already have all his files and miles
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom