Edinburgh and central belt commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Very interesting. Thanks for the heads-up :thumbsup:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I was in the one in Glasgow at the weekend. Some good stuff in there for sure, but the packable jacket I tried on fitted fine in the black colourway, but was too tight on the arms in the blue (the colour I wanted)! Very bizarre.

Cheers. I'll see if the wife can drop me there before she heads off to Ikea.

Beware if going to Ikea (apart from the obvious ones). They have just opened a new ASDA not far away and the traffic has been backing up to the Straiton junction. Sometimes heading back up towards town. Not sure of the impact on the bypass, but would expect similar.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Decathlon are opening up a store at Hermiston Gate :smile: I believe they seem quite good value in the cycling front!

Not only the cycling front- many other sports too.

Their silk gloves are good liners for winter cycling gloves
cold.gif
- and their ski gear .... tents .....
icon_smile_sleepy.gif

JamieRegan

I live in Edinburgh and I'm so excited by this. I'm from Nottingham originally and there's been a Decathlon there for years. Everytime I visit home, I stock up with everything. Decathlon, is without any shadow of doubt, the greatest sports store ever. Absolutely, no question about it.

The gear they sell for all sports is exceptional. From football, running, camping, fishing, kayaking. You name it, they do it (except snooker cues for some reason, but that's the French for you).

I actually bought my bike in Decathlon 3 years ago and it's brilliant. I love it to bits.

I'm so excited, I'm off to bed.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well its going in where JJB used to be so right next to Tesco, handy for me as I work in the Mail Centre up the road a bit.

Top Bottom