Edinburgh Bicycle Co-Op Intensive Maintenance class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.edinburgh...1&f_bct=c007789

• Bike Maintenance course, instructor led on site. Use your own bike or they supply one, all tools supplied for day.
  • £49 for 1000-1800 session including lunch (one of the lads went to gregs for us :biggrin:)
Now I've been maintaining my bikes for as long as I could, but an ever increasing suspicion I wasn't doing it quite right and an increasing embarrassment that I didn't know how led me to enroll on this course for the day.

It was a small class of 4, led on a quite informal basis and went through enough of the tricks, tips and tools you would want to keep your bike on the road for 99% of problems.

Very informative and even as I thought 'well I know how to fix a puncture' he showed me things I was doing wrong I had never even questioned (leaving glue for 15 mins or more for example)

The instructor was more than happy to get involved on individual bikes to solve various problems, even roping in other colleagues and/or replacing kit as needed (some for free).

What was best was I wasn't trying to follow a video at home, I wasn't messing around without knowledgeable backup and everything was in the workshop environment so when doing things for the fist time I'm not worrying about my home setup. Indeed the kit needed to do what we did isn't likely to cost me much more than I've spent already.

I see they do a 'basic' course as well and TBH unless your only just starting you wouldn't want that one, indeed if your someone who seems to take a long time to complete tasks you know should be quicker, or have to constantly fettle with the same bits and never get it quite right I'd recommend this course.

DTD

Veteran
Did an EBC course last year – found it useful eventhough I can't remember half of it now, I think it stopped me being scared of taking things to bits.

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
That was the main reason I did it, I've always been more than happy to take stuff to bits but its getting it back together afterwards! Have already set my eyes on upgrading a couple components now I know how to better and looking forward to rolling my sleeves up and having a good fettle....

Top Bottom