Edinburgh Nocturne 3rd July - Grassmarket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
More information here

Last year was great fun to watch ... I suspect the winner, David Millar, will be busy racing elsewhere on the day :tongue:

Does anybody want to meet up? Last year we met Scoosh, who "recruited" Touche to CC :tongue:

T

I should be marshalling it again this year.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It was great last year - the racing, meeting/recruiting Touche and Scoosh Jnr (aka Experiment) taking a photo during the folding bike race, which was later published in the EBC Winter catalogue, for which he received a £25 voucher from EBC :biggrin:.

I'll be there. :smile:

Once we know how many are going/coming, we can arrange a meeting place for a social gathering before the racing :ohmy:.

How about where we were all at last year. The end of the start/finish straight on the outside of the turn up the hill. Alternitively, we could hind out where HLab will be and give him some hassle.

Touche said:
How about where we were all at last year. The end of the start/finish straight on the outside of the turn up the hill. Alternitively, we could hind out where HLab will be and give him some hassle.
Last year I had quite a good spot, the bottom of Candlemaker Row; don't know where I'll be this year though. Speaking of hassle, quite a few Hen & Stag parties jumped the barriers to the pub on the other side at this point; professional marshals will be handling some spots this year; I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of them.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Touche said:
I think that is a good viewing point too :thumbsup:.

Now, about the Meeting Point - it could even be somewhere where beverages** can be purchased/consumed :smile:.

;)

** of a type suitable for us athletically-fit-cyclist types, of course :biggrin:

gavintc

Guru
Yes, will miss it as well. We had a great night out last year. My short return to Edinburgh is not for a couple of weeks later.

Ravenbait said:
If the meeting point is "where we all were last year" then anyone who wasn't there last year isn't going to know where to find you ;) .

Sam

Like I said in my post earlier ...

At the end of the start/finish straight on the outside of the bend as it turns up the hill.

Not sure if scoosh & HJ will be wearing thier CC tops though, so we may need some recognition device ... rolled up copy of the times, top hat and carnation in button hole?

DavieB

MIA
Ravenbait said:
If the meeting point is "where we all were last year" then anyone who wasn't there last year isn't going to know where to find you ;) .

Sam

They dont want newcomers I guess, lol:

Top Bottom