Edinburgh road rage taxi driver suspended

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
Wow...makes a change.I've met some real idiot cabbies out there but to be fair I'd say 95% are ok if you don't take the p155.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeCtWYxxIc0&feature=youtu.be

Welcome to extreme stupidity.

Last edited:
The firm that employs him released a statement that accused the rider of all kinds of things - booting the cab and so on. Then the rider released the whole clip that showed no such behaviour.

Is that a specified cycle route? Right next to a tramline?:eek:

Anyway could to hear action is being taken, lets hope he loses his license.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Might I ask that we don't rehash the original incident as the thread that did that's already been locked. I'd like to focus on what the outcome will be for this road thug.
Much appreciated.

GC

fatblokish

Guru
Might I ask that we don't rehash the original incident as the thread that did that's already been locked. I'd like to focus on what the outcome will be for this road thug.
Much appreciated.

GC
A taxi driver who attacked a cyclist in Edinburgh has been fined after the incident was filmed on the victim's helmet-cam. The driver was fined £360 for driving without due care and attention, and had nine points added to his licence. Credit: SWNS

see http://home.bt.com/video/fine-for-e...ed-attacking-cyclist-in-street-91364053270539

9 points, if this has been correctly reported, seems a good result for the driving offence.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
But didn't he punch the cyclist? That's a bit more than driving without due care and attention.

The firm that employs him released a statement that accused the rider of all kinds of things - booting the cab and so on. Then the rider released the whole clip that showed no such behaviour.
Hmmm - as good a reason as any for a bit of strategic thinking?

Build up a dossier of a couple of dozen clips of bad driving around cyclists; shouldn't be hard :sad:; add copies of complaints which have been ignored/mishandled. Copy to Les McVay, City Cabs company secretary; copy to the council. :evil:

Only time I've done that, the company realised it wasn't any more a problem with an individual driver or two ....... but the company's operator's licence was in jeopardy. And it worked - that company has impressively improved its standards.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A taxi driver who attacked a cyclist in Edinburgh has been fined after the incident was filmed on the victim's helmet-cam. The driver was fined £360 for driving without due care and attention, and had nine points added to his licence. Credit: SWNS

see http://home.bt.com/video/fine-for-e...ed-attacking-cyclist-in-street-91364053270539

9 points, if this has been correctly reported, seems a good result for the driving offence.

Thanks, I knew the court result, I'm waiting to see if he keeps his cabbie's licence.

GC

That is always the way I do things.

Never let them be aware of the video until the driver has had the chance to dig themselves a nice deep hole

I had one that claimed amongst other things I had no lights, yet the video showed the van totally illuminated by the non-existent lights

Top Bottom