Edinburgh St Andrews 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Backache

The Backaches are coming, providing swine flu doesn't get us first as we seem to be in the epicentre.
I suspect our progress will be slow though as the training has been slow, short and not very arduous. Looking forward to it though.

Will we be meeting anywhere in particular in the park before departure, or is it a case of trying to spot each other.

If cold/wet, I will be wearing my Foska Bones training top. If hot/dry (aye right!) it will be either the Foska Marmite jersey or the Embra Co-Op bright yellow skin tight on a fat man jersey.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Well as you know, I do stand out from the crowd. I have been told to be at the west gate for 08:00hr, as I was a bit slack in registering...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I might not make it, its a pain in the ar$e but I have a boil on my bum. If it goes down to-night I will be there, but if not...

Noodley

Good luck to all CCers and their families for tomorrow :tongue:

Edit - I shall be in St Andrews sometime tomorrow so will try to look out for the CC posse.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Thanks, mags :thumbsup:

With 3 Scooshes doing the ride, I took the car over to Cupar this a'noon (left at Sis-in-laws) and rode back. Around 80km, I guess but 'puter won't fit on the oversized bars :sad:. Have to be a new 'puter, then :smile:

First long ride on the new bike - and there was a very strong headwind (20mph +) all the way to the FRB :thumbsup: Hard slog but the bike is brill :biggrin:

Forecast is for much lighter winds ramorra - and even better on Sunday (apart from the rain :tongue:).

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Noodley said:
Good luck to all CCers and their families for tomorrow :thumbsup:

Edit - I shall be in St Andrews sometime tomorrow so will try to look out for the CC posse.
Thanks, Noodley - you could still do it, you know. Drive to Embra, ride to St A's, I'll give you a lift back to Embra for your car and your bike ... er ... um ... if you can take a wheel off and fit it in the back of a LR Disco - sorted :thumbsup:

Janetta's or Luvian's ?? :tongue:

Ariadne

Home! That was a great day. A wee bit rainy on the way up Cleish hill but the sun was glorious by the end.

It had everything the St Andrews ride should have: midges by the ice cream van, squidgy pasta (and delightful volunteers) at Kinross, and the greatest array of cakes ever seen, at Freuchie. And every single person in the queue with me said 'What, for all of it?' when charged something like £1.20 for tea and a giant plate of cakes.

We got there at 2.45, had beer, had chips, and now we're finally home.

Noodley

I spoke to scoosh and met Touche for the first time (albeit briefly due to younger daughter and her friend pestering me to get to the beach). Also caught a glimpse of Hairy Jock in his CC top as I was setting off.

And it was Janetta's for ice cream, Luvian's for a nice bottle of red and Butlers for cheese and biscuits :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Absolutely cracking ride, even if the thing cracked was one of my ribs (wee bit of a clipless moment just after lunch). For some reason Noodley ran away as soon as he saw me and I was going to get him to sign The Relay Jersey. Oh well an other day...

Noodley

HJ said:
For some reason Noodley ran away as soon as he saw me...

Did you see me?

scoosh shouted me back just as I was heading to the beach with the girls to introduce me to Touche, but that was it for CCers.

I only caught a glimpse of you when I was heading away...I saw the CC top and then recognised you from pics on the forum. It was a bit hectic with bikes, pedestrians and cars coming from all directions so I didn't get the opportunity to introduce myself.

Top Bottom