Edinburgh the City that gives.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
As you may know,we have been to Edinburgh.What a wonderful place.I have fallen in love with it,since our daughter started Uni.Well this visit,we once again saw the Amazing Christmas Market and then to top it off a light show at the Botanical Gardens on Sunday night,just magical.Anyway as i stated earlier you come away with more than you arrived with,i my case :cold::cry:a cold,sore throat weeping swollen eyes.All because i went walking on a mountain/hill thing on Sunday boy oh boy was it windy,it has filled me full of lurgy.Keep away .

Sounds amazing.

Where's Edinburgh?

D

Deleted member 1258

As you may know,we have been to Edinburgh.What a wonderful place.I have fallen in love with it,since our daughter started Uni.Well this visit,we once again saw the Amazing Christmas Market and then to top it off a light show at the Botanical Gardens on Sunday night,just magical.Anyway as i stated earlier you come away with more than you arrived with,i my case :cold::cry:a cold,sore throat weeping swollen eyes.All because i went walking on a mountain/hill thing on Sunday boy oh boy was it windy,it has filled me full of lurgy.Keep away .

:hugs: I hope it clears up quickly

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Of course, ask Rab C Nesbitt.

Or Taggart. :whistle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I see what you did there :smile:
Not my doing lol
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Glasgows_Miles_Better.png
The Glasgow's miles better logo
Glasgow's miles better was a campaign to promote the city of Glasgow as a tourist destination and as a location for industry. It was developed by Scottish advertising agency Struthers Advertising, and featured the phrase "Glasgow's Miles Better" wrapped around the cartoon figure of Mr. Happy. It is regarded as one of the world's earliest and most successful attempts to rebrand a city, and received a number of domestic and international awards

Slioch

Guru
Not my doing lol
View attachment 443067
Glasgow's miles better was a campaign to promote the city of Glasgow as a tourist destination and as a location for industry. It was developed by Scottish advertising agency Struthers Advertising, and featured the phrase "Glasgow's Miles Better" wrapped around the cartoon figure of Mr. Happy. It is regarded as one of the world's earliest and most successful attempts to rebrand a city, and received a number of domestic and international awards

I spent 10 very happy years living in Glasgow, and the "Glasgow's miles better" sign on the gas cylinders at Germiston seen from the M8 always brought a smile to my face when returning from a trip "down south". I knew I was nearly home. I believe they've taken these gas cylinders down now so the sign is no longer there, which is a shame.

gascycl1.jpg

Mr Celine

Discordian
Not my doing lol
View attachment 443067

Edinburgh briefly had a marketing slogan which was 'count me in' with the 'in' being part of the word 'Edinburgh'. This was famously derided by Michael Kelly, the provost of Glasgow who had introduced the miles better campaign, as he said it was an old idea that had already been tried by every town or city except Scunthorpe.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I spent 10 very happy years living in Glasgow, and the "Glasgow's miles better" sign on the gas cylinders at Germiston seen from the M8 always brought a smile to my face when returning from a trip "down south". I knew I was nearly home. I believe they've taken these gas cylinders down now so the sign is no longer there, which is a shame.

View attachment 443069

Ah, the gasometers. I had a Weegie pal who told me his dad told him & his brother that was Disney and one day he might take them there.

Top Bottom