Edit your own post button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think I'm going mad - but twice now I have wanted to re-edit my own post and can't find the button to do it... I'm sure it used to be next to the quote button... but I could be wrong. Can some post a screen shot showing where the button is ... or is anyone else having the same problem. (Or last option - I've gone mad!)

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ok - well its appeared on the above post - but I went back to the thread I was having problems on and got the following screen shot:

30dgpx3.jpg

Note - No edit button.

Davidc

Guru
summerdays said:
I think I'm going mad - ...... (Or last option - I've gone mad!)

You're a Cycle Chat forum member - so why do you need to ask?

More seriously, I've met this on here and on another forum with similar looking pages so possibly the same software. It has cleared for me after logging off and back on again.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Seems to only be on that thread in the Wanted section ... looking at other recent posts that I have made the edit button seems to be there.

Didn't realise how much I used it until it wasn't there. I always reread the thread once its posted and notice errors or something I missed out etc.

Shaun

Founder
Post editing is turned off in the classified forums so people can't change their offers / agreements after the fact.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

P.S. It's in the FAQs ... ;)

Shaun

Founder
No worries, you're not the only one who's been caught out by that one.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Admin said:
Post editing is turned off in the classified forums so people can't change their offers / agreements after the fact.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

P.S. It's in the FAQs ... ;)
I'm fairly sure that it has happened to me elsewhere on CC. (I think I've only used the classifieds once and that was ages ago.) If it happens again I'll make a note of it.

redjedi

Über Member
Bumping this thread rather than starting a new one.

I've just tried to edit my opening post on the London and Home Counties ride thread, so I can update the ride info, but I can no longer do it.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Bumping this thread rather than starting a new one.

I've just tried to edit my opening post on the London and Home Counties ride thread, so I can update the ride info, but I can no longer do it.

That is correct. There is an edit window after which a post is locked for editing unless a Mod does it. Subscription users have a larger edit window than non subscribers. Subscriber window is 48 hours I believe.

Abs

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Blimey Abs, you know better then me and I'm a bleedin' mod
biggrin.gif
thumbsup.png

That is correct. There is an edit window after which a post is locked for editing unless a Mod does it. Subscription users have a larger edit window than non subscribers. Subscriber window is 48 hours I believe.

Abs

Top Bottom