Editing Gopro footage aghhhh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
Today i had a great ride out in some very scenic countryside and managed to record all the nice parts. Tonight i thought it was high time i dipped my toe onto editing it. Not being the most technically minded i somehow fumbled my way through it all. The last clip though was to long, and ended up with 5 minutes of the bike just leaning up against a bridge. It took me absolutely ages to get my head round on how to crop it. After a couple of hours messing around it was all starting to look really good and interesting ( to me anyway). Nice moody footage of the Welsh valleys and mountain's accompanied with some fetching music. A good tail wind helped me look like i was cycling well too. I was just about done editing it, when somehow I've managed to delete the blooming lot. That will teach me not to get half cut on wine when trying to do things I've never done before.. Luckily I've still got the footage on the Go Pro so will have another go tomorrow 🙄

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
But once you have learnt it things will improve. Stick at it 👍

Slick

Guru
Yeah, good on you for trying. Not sure what your using that you could lose it though, although I'm not really acquaint with editing apps as what little I do is just done on the YouTube app.

Next time, give the wine a miss. :laugh:

Mike_P

Guru
I would recommend Cyberlinks Video Director as it crops etc in the program and makes a new video rather than actually editing the original. Downloadable fully licensed versions on eBay for not a lot.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Thank you Mike. I will have a look at that.
I've just finished again editing my go pro and all is well. A quick question though regarding copy right and YouTube. On the go pro app you can add the inbuilt music to your videos.. Is this music technically legal or illegal to upload to YouTube.
I don't want to fall on the wrong side of the law or rules before i upload anything
All the very best 👍👍

Thank you Mike. I will have a look at that.
I've just finished again editing my go pro and all is well. A quick question though regarding copy right and YouTube. On the go pro app you can add the inbuilt music to your videos.. Is this music technically legal or illegal to upload to YouTube.
I don't want to fall on the wrong side of the law or rules before i upload anything
All the very best 👍👍
If its against copy right and not creative commons (or whatever its called when its not) You Tube will automatically strip the music, you've got nothing to fear :okay:

Top Bottom