Eeeeyuuugh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thornton Heath Pond this morning.

Mid-forties, 2 stone overweight, sunglasses, baseball cap, earphones, riding a Brompton.

Wearing full-length bib tights.

And no top.

Looked like a fricking idiot - pale white blubber spilling out in all directions, big fat bloke whizzing along on a diddy little bike.

No wonder they hate us. shoot, if I drove a car I'd knock him off myself.

domtyler

Über Member
Don't be too hard on yourself, we can't all look good on our bikes can we?

Twenty Inch said:
Thornton Heath Pond this morning.

Mid-forties, 2 stone overweight, sunglasses, baseball cap, earphones, riding a Brompton.

Wearing full-length bib tights.

And no top.

Looked like a fricking idiot - pale white blubber spilling out in all directions, big fat bloke whizzing along on a diddy little bike.

No wonder they hate us. shoot, if I drove a car I'd knock him off myself.

How did you know he was two stone overweight. Did you stop him weigh him, and measure his height to produce a BMI measurement?

Seriously though each to their own. I really don't like your comment about knocking him off, even if in jest. That's the sort of thing I got over at bloodbus... :rolleyes:

Origamist

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
What's with all the angry cyclists on here lately? Are we turning into Bloodbus?

Elitism and impatience.

BentMikey said:
What's with all the angry cyclists on here lately? Are we turning into Bloodbus?

Well if I had managed to get the f_ckwit out of the car who almost had me off twice in a mile this morning there could have been blood, and possibly a bus (if that's what I decided to throw him under!!!!!!!!)

Aaaargh! Road rage is road rage. It doesn't matter if you are a cyclist or a driver. It just isn't acceptable. I can understand that in the heat of the moment, if your life is endangered you can be angry, but two wrongs don't make a right. Get a helmet camera, catch them on camera send it to the police, (we just have to get them to start responding to these incidents) better still embarrass the idiots by putting the video on youtube.

You could carry around a card to hand to them which tells them where to look for their video later.

Violence does not solve violence!

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
Aaaargh! Road rage is road rage. It doesn't matter if you are a cyclist or a driver. It just isn't acceptable. I can understand that in the heat of the moment, if your life is endangered you can be angry, but two wrongs don't make a right. Get a helmet camera, catch them on camera send it to the police, (we just have to get them to start responding to these incidents) better still embarrass the idiots by putting the video on youtube.

You could carry around a card to hand to them which tells them where to look for their video later.

Violence does not solve violence!

I disagree, twenty seconds of yelling obscenities at each other and the situation is over. Your method requires the bottling up of emotion and hours of subsequent work fiddling about with cameras, uploading and downloading, campaigning, phonecalls, turning up for photo shoots with the red tops...

I'll stick to shouting at people as and when I need to thanks. :rolleyes:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I try to deal with it a different way, because my normal response would also be road rage. Instead I try to conquer myself by doing my best to deal with the driver/cyclist normally, such as asking a question that makes them realise what they did to frighten me. The winners are when you get a sorry mate, which happens much more often with a calm, reasonable and friendly approach. I then also try to do a nice deed to another road user soon afterwards, and the overall result is that my day is improved and happier.

Of course I can't always get it right and then I'm just another angry cyclist. LOL!

Top Bottom