EEEK! Not long now!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Since I'm insisting on trying to have an explosively active year with my monthly virtual runner medal targets, canicross & duathlon - I have had to make calendar with all my various deadlines and events. It is looking pretty busy now!

I have had obvious set backs already with my beloved new Allez Sport being recalled - I am hoping that will be all sorted within the next 4 weeks - definitely ahead of my first competition at the beginning of May!

I have finally decided on Tyres, I am going for the Continental Grand Prix 4000 SII with latex inner tubes - it has the same rough rolling resistance gain as the Grand Prix TT with standard light inner tube, but a cheaper total buy I think!

I am getting all excited for the year ahead, makes me want to go buy lots of things for both bikes (my Diverge as well!) to make my cycling more enjoyable and rewarding.

Has anyone else got any cycling related competitions planned for this year? Post below!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Good choice in tyres. roll well and are as tough as boots.

I have got the Transcontinental Race pencilled in for July. But I will just be pleased not to riding in -5 like yesterday.

OP
OP
Lavender Rose

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Good choice in tyres. roll well and are as tough as boots.

I have got the Transcontinental Race pencilled in for July. But I will just be pleased not to riding in -5 like yesterday.

Thanks for the thumbs up! I have been struggling to choose a tyre based on price and whether there's a big enough difference in rolling resistance to make the cost worthwhile? I was looking at the Grand Prix TT, but they are pushing £90 a pair before a further £18 for latex inner tubes!

Top Bottom