Eek...I didn't know this was in my pocket....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
68970_10205578326917290_3041995394052524198_n.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Money Laundering!

Arch

Married to Night Train
We have become a nation of cheapskates.
We can now stamp all our coins from the one die.
(And save on designers = more bonus for the banking bosses)

HNY
Paul G

You are joking, right?

Or you're not very observant. Each coin is as different as they were when they featured different items on the reverse.

And with commemorative 50ps popping up frequently, there's plenty of design going on. More now than in my youth, when designs remained unchanged for decades and commemorative coins were rare.

I'm also amazed people hadn't realised the coins made a single image. I forget how little attention many people pay to the details of the world around them.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You are joking, right?

Or you're not very observant. Each coin is as different as they were when they featured different items on the reverse.

And with commemorative 50ps popping up frequently, there's plenty of design going on. More now than in my youth, when designs remained unchanged for decades and commemorative coins were rare.

I'm also amazed people hadn't realised the coins made a single image. I forget how little attention many people pay to the details of the world around them.

If people don't read it on their tablets or their Android phones they are unlikely to know about it.

You are joking, right?

It was indeed a light hearted post.
On a serious note I believe the Royal Mint make a good deal of money (pardon the pun) out of printing & minting for many countries.
Paul G

Top Bottom