Effing Cyclists : Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Walking along Tooting Broadway, Tooting Bec end yesterday PM.

Cars Nose to tail.
Blue Superhighway, barriered cycle lane is completely empty.
Pavement is moderately busy.

Pedestrians on the pavement (including me) having to avoid a guy on "no pedalling necessary even going up hill" E-Bike.

Grrrrr!

vickster

Legendary Member

Cars Nose to tail.

Pedestrians on the pavement (including me) having to avoid a guy on "no pedalling necessary even going up hill" E-Bike.

Grrrrr!
Delivery rider? :rolleyes:

Drago

Legendary Member
Only the ordinary ones.

And the cage pilots stuck nose to tail will moan about the empty cycle lane, and have neither the wit or gumption to realise it's the answer to their gridlock hell, if only they could be bothered to apply a little effort.

Only the British are so lazy they'd rather sit in geidlock for an hour instead of riding a cycle for 20 minutes.

Cars Nose to tail.

Grrrrr!
If he's not pedalling - is he even a cyclist ?

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
The same motorists who complain about ‘congestion’ without realising that they are the congestion.

in this case, no one was complaining about congestion - traffic was flowing nose to tail.

Any thoughts about the issue in the OP - a cyclist ignoring an empty cycle lane and riding on the pavement forcing pedestrians to move out of his way?

Any thoughts about the issue in the OP - a cyclist ignoring an empty cycle lane and riding on the pavement forcing pedestrians to move out of his way?

My thoughts are, what was wrong with the pedestrians?
It would only take a small knot of them to force the (supposed) cyclist off THEIR OWN (the pedestrians') reserved space and back onto the cycle lane or the congested road, which is, in this case, clearly where such modes of transport ought to be - that is if the vehicle concerned is actually a legal vehicle at all.

Top Bottom