Eiffel Tower......anyone been up in recent times?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A mate of mine is on the way as I type. He has never been to Paris before.
I just googled the cost to get to the top.....WoW......bit of a surprise. €27 pp
I did it twice in the 80s. My mind may be deceiving me but I think I walked all the way up and it was free or quite cheap.
Still imo a must do though

DRM

Guru
Think you’re right, I went on a school trip, iirc it was either free, or small entrance fee, then you paid extra to use the lift, this would have been in the late 70’s so the memory is a bit foggy

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I just googled the cost to get to the top.....WoW......bit of a surprise. €27 pp
I did it twice in the 80s. My mind may be deceiving me but I think I walked all the way up and it was free or quite cheap.
Still imo a must do though

Deceiving yourself. You can only reach the second stage on foot. For the top you need to take the lift.

Jameshow

Veteran
Went to the base pre covid very disappointed. Place looked like a dump!

The rest of Paris wasn't much better!

newts

Veteran
We went up a few weeks before lockdown, can't remember paying anywhere near €27 though.
It's an awesome view
1669557837168.jpeg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I went a long time ago. All I remember was that the staff were pretty bossy and rude, and that Mr. Eiffel used to entertain his girlfriends in a bedroom near the top.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Went to the base pre covid very disappointed. Place looked like a dump!

The rest of Paris wasn't much better!

I've only been to the base of the Eiffel Tower and I would agree.
During the day the tower just looks like a rusty edifice. It looks much better when lit up when it's dark.

postman

Legendary Member
Does a visit to Blackpool Tower count ,i got to a visitors platform,and got told off for leaning out too far.Told off i asked do people fall from here often then,no he said just the once.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
We went in thw summer. Sounds about the cost we paid (probably won't do it again, so once in a lifetime, experience with family) and go late on for the lights show
Ps we paid extra and went to top - though not the champagnes offer
2E567847-5CB0-47CC-B9A4-ADF97C65038E.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1258

We went sometime in the 1990's and didn't pay to go up, we weren't allowed further than the second platform, too many people up top.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
We went in the summer. Didn't go up because Mrs S couldn't anyway in her chair but it was going to be pretty expensive too. Had a ridiculously dear can of Heineken at the base though.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't been up to the top of Blackpool tower since the mid 1970's. I've often fancied going up again, but the last time I looked you have to pay to go into the whole 'leisure complex' and then pay extra to get the lift up to the top of the tower. I want to go up the tower, but have no interest in the ballroom, cafes, amusement arcade etc. I was going to also say the little zoo in there, but I think and hope that they closed it down many years ago.

Keeping animals in small cages without natural daylight was quite cruel i'd say!🧐

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I went up the Empire State Building in 2011. It cost about £45 for one 'express' ticket which meant bypassing the queues. Standard ticket was around £30... so less than 30 euros for the Eifel doesn't seem too bad in comparison.

Top Bottom