Eight Cyclists Killed in Italy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
What a terrible, and completely uneccesary, waste of lives. RIP

It would be good if we could at least send a message of condolance.

+1 to both sentences.

Corriere della Sera has printed the names of the seven (not 8) victims. I think they should be listed here. They are:

Rosario Perri (55); Francesco Stranges (51); Vinicio Pottin (47); Giovanni Cannizzaro (58); Pasquale De Luca (35), Domenico Palazzo e Fortunato Bernardi (ages not given).

R.I.P.

The seriously injured are: Gennaro Perri, Fabio Davoli e Domenico Strangis. GWS.

I would endorse the sending of a condolence message. I'm afraid my Italian isn't up to it...

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
This is awful news - RIP and condolences. I think if we can get something sent out that would be great.

In another report, the Repubblica this time, it says that the Moroccan community were 'discouraged' from attending the funeral, despite their wish to do so. Sad :sad:. One Moroccan alone stands accused of this dreadful crime - not the entire nation.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
In another report, the Repubblica this time, it says that the Moroccan community were 'discouraged' from attending the funeral, despite their wish to do so. Sad :sad:. One Moroccan alone stands accused of this dreadful crime - not the entire nation.

Yeah, I had a feeling that this would be used by those attacking immigrants in Italy. Makes it all the more sad, if that were possible.

Very sad news. :sad:

He was high on Marijuana according to reports.

Where did you hear this? I've got to say that my and other experiences with this drug lead me to think otherwise. Sheesh, I've known people to pass their driving tests after a few joints.

It's far more likely he was drink driving as this is quite common in Italy.

Besides this though to know for sure the driver had been stoned, they'd need to take him to a hospital immediately after and give him a blood test. I don't think Italian authorities have anyway of testing for it by the roadside, I might be wrong but even then they'd only be able to take a saliva sample which would show the presence of THC even if the driver had smoked cannabis 30 days prior to the accident.

Any reference to weed is far more likely to be tabloid hysteria, especially in a country like Italy, imo but I will wait and see.

Don't mean to hyjack the thread but don't forget too that you're talking about a medicine, one which people use in other countries quite legally whilst behind the wheel as Irvin Rosenfeld does at 3:50 in the following video.
[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Tg795-TLM[/media]

Top Bottom