Elastic bands dropped by Post people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I tend to pick them up and use them for things such as stopping my Ryvitas wrapper from opening up and letting them go all chewy.

View attachment 600662

When I first read your post that I read it as Rizlas. :laugh: Then the chewy bit made me look again.

roley poley

Über Member
Ive heard that anything the postie finds in a post box has to be handed in, be it dog poo, sandwiches, severed fingers, anything at all.
true .. part of my job as a postie is collections ...you may by surprised what is "posted"in a pillar box but it becomes the Royal Mail's problem once it enters that box ....prescriptions,wallets,drugs ,sticks, roofing slates,knives have all been found by me and my colleges the list is as long as your imagination can expand to

presta

Guru
Somebody on Radio 4 mentioned this. If it is a prank then the Royal Mail are going to find an awful lot of unwanted rubber bands in their post boxes.
I can't see them having an army of staff picking bands out of the mail one by one, they'll just end up getting tangled in the sorting machinery, and jamming it.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
As a postie myself I keep ALL the rubber bands I go out with to use for the next days bundles and pick up all that is left behind from the relief on my day off :hello:but then I am an old hippy who does these things because you should x x x

Well done you! ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
A freedom of information request spills the beans that nearly 1 billion rubber bands are purchased by the company each year.

Only a proportion of this billion go out on rounds, and we have to assume that there are as many litter conscious postal workers as there are who drop rubber bands. So we reckon that as many as 250 million line our streets every single year.

alicat

Legendary Member
If it is a prank then the Royal Mail are going to find an awful lot of unwanted rubber bands in their post boxes.

And it might just encourage Royal Maill to do something about the problem that their waste generates (pace all Post Office workers who love the environment enough to reuse theirs).

Top Bottom