Election bumf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
darkstar said:
Pfft some people need to sort their lives out if they are concerned enough to report a 2 meter wide sign supporting someone's political party of choice, which is placed on their own land. Seriously.

Your own land is a different matter.

Opening poster & others, (myself included) have mentioned roadside fixtures. On street furniture, that kind of thing.

However to come back to your point, on your own land. How would you feel if the 2 metre wide sign, was the first thing you saw when you looked out of your window? This because your neighbour had decided to place it in his garden.

That is what the rules are there for & everyone standing should be aware of that.

The the Labour Candidate standing in the cycle lane of the A32 waving a plastic duck on a stick.......

FAIL 1-if your party manifesto is so weak you are still relying on duck jokes...

FAil 2 - Because you don't understand the concept of cycle lanes

darkstar

classic33 said:
Your own land is a different matter.

Opening poster & others, (myself included) have mentioned roadside fixtures. On street furniture, that kind of thing.

However to come back to your point, on your own land. How would you feel if the 2 metre wide sign, was the first thing you saw when you looked out of your window? This because your neighbour had decided to place it in his garden.

That is what the rules are there for & everyone standing should be aware of that.
Ahh ok sorry i thought you meant the ones "in farms". As i mentioned before, my parents have one of the tory ones above our front wall, the walls about 3 meters high so it can be seen nicely from the road. No one lives opposite though so not obscuring people view! It seems like most of them are well out of the way.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
darkstar said:
Ahh ok sorry i thought you meant the ones "in farms". As i mentioned before, my parents have one of the tory ones above our front wall, the walls about 3 meters high so it can be seen nicely from the road. No one lives opposite though so not obscuring people view! It seems like most of them are well out of the way.

Your pricklyness at my post is now explained. :evil:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
threebikesmcginty said:
Are you going to give her a deposit? :becool:

I lost that deposit many years ago :tongue: Spent my wad, one might say :smile:

darkstar

ComedyPilot said:
Your pricklyness at my post is now explained. ;)
Lol woops, didn't mean it to be quite so aggressive, it wasn't aimed at you specifically though ComedyPilot!

longers

Legendary Member
The Conservatives or their mates have defaced a couple of phoneboxes on the commute. They look awful but I did notice them.

Some loony has even put up white boards encouraging you to vote but left their party off by mistake.

classic33

Leg End Member
magnatom said:
What is the point in the election lampost poster things that each party put up around about elections time? You know the sort, it simply says Labour, or Conservative, Lib Dem etc. That's it. No message, except maybe the word, 'VOTE'.

Do people look at this bumf and say, hmm, look, labour have put there bumf higher up on the lampost than the Tories. That shows they aim higher, I'll vote for them! :thumbsup:

Is this not the biggest waste of money/resources/time/paper ever? Or is that politics in general I am talking about....:smile:

As I said most of the signs would require Planning Permission. Something like this on the other hand doesn't

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Thank gowd that's over for another 4 or 5 years, that's all I can say!!

...Oh wait, actually, it wont be - thanks to this hung Parliament thingimybobber, we might be subjected to it all again sooner than usual!

Oh bum!

As my Mum said,

'The last one we had in 1974, they didn't actually do anything as they were too busy arguing over everything. It just doesn't work'.

I hope she's wrong, but a Con/Lib coalition sounds like a marriage made in hell!

Top Bottom