Election window posters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I went for a 30 minute walk round the streets near me last evening and I only saw 3 election posters on display.
All 3 were for our excellent, current MP, Caroline Lucas (Green!).
None for any other party at all. Are they deemed to be old fashioned or provocative these days? People worried about what their neighbours might think or that someone might throw a brick through the window?
Are they more prolific down your way?
Manifestos have not been published, very few posters will have been distributed by the main parties as yet...

GM

Legendary Member
I believe I've mentioned it before, but the posts used for those correx Tory boards make excellent supports for an allotment fruit cage.
Blueberries, of course!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We are one of the few properties that doesn't have an 'I'm voting Labour' sign in their garden. I am considering - under the cover of darkness - nipping out with a marker pen and writing "I'm bloody not" on a load of them :laugh:

I might have the same sign on my door that the chap across the road has saying "No election clap-trap here. I can make my own mind up thank you"

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
We are one of the few properties that doesn't have an 'I'm voting Labour' sign in their garden. I am considering - under the cover of darkness - nipping out with a marker pen and writing "I'm bloody not" on a load of them :laugh:

I might have the same sign on my door that the chap across the road has saying "No election clap-trap here. I can make my own mind up thank you"
LOL. Didn't think you had it in you. You're so affable on here.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I saw one today .... On the motorway, prominently displayed in the centre of their rear window! Presumably they aren't bothered about what is/was behind them!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I've had one from all the main parties. Maybe nobody bothers in ToryMaudeSham?
more likely it is a Brighton Pavilion thing.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
We'll get the odd labour and lib dem one round here, but we're generally a given for Labour in my ward, you could stick a red rosette in a dog turd & it'd win usually, so none of them really waste their time trying to attract our vote.

I'm hoping that the complacent labour candidate takes the UKIP factor seriously or she could get a nasty surprise and lumber us with one of that lot by not trying to keep hold of her core vote.

I'm hoping we get a green option too.

classic33

Leg End Member

On a serious note, use the wording "No Election Material to be posted". That way you avoid having a complaint made against you as does the person whose material isn't delivered to your address. That last part means that you'll not be asked, by your electoral services, why you reused one persons material should a complaint be made.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
We have municipal and local elections, oh, and my congressman is the one who had the "Downton Abbey" remodeling done of his office, and he had to resign as they started looking into other areas of his finances and such. So we'll be voting for a congressman, again. This makes for more lawn signs, which serve as great stiffeners for panniers.

Top Bottom