1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Bikes?

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by beatlejuice, 13 Apr 2015.

1. beatlejuice

beatlejuice Gently does it...

No. I've got better uses for my £700 than sitting in their bank account. However one has to realise that these projects often take way longer than say originally say. I backed the Pebble Watch. That took ages so you could say that I know what I was letting myself in for.

Mort likes this.
  2. beatlejuice

NEWS FLASH
    I've had a reply from the Copenhagen wheel people. They are quoting me 16 weeks.

3. beatlejuice

They've asked me for my wheel details. I am going to buy a bike to fit it, namely a Raleigh Pioneer 2 Mens Hybrid. My theory is that it doesn't matter that it weighs 10 tons since my Copenhagen Wheel will whisk me up the hills without the merest hint of perpetration.

Mort likes this.

4. Strangely enough I have never seen one in Denmark, not even in the shops. Electric bikes are booming in Denmark.

5. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

I think they're rare as hen's teeth everywhere. I'm really interested in hearing about beatlejuice's experiences with it. It was just called the Copehanegn wheel for marketing, like a swisskit had nowt to do with the land of cuckoo clocks!

6. Lonestar

Lonestar Rat Run Cyclist

I rode a Kalkhoff EB(very good) in Thailand.Karon Beach a few years ago.Two of my work colleagues have electric bikes.

welsh dragon likes this.
  7. beatlejuice

They are a spin off from MIT in Cambridge Massachusetts US of A.

8. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Just out of interest, did you ever get your wheel from them in the end?

9. beatlejuice

Not a word. Might be a case of where fools rush in. Hopefully they're not on a Californian beach imbibing in Columbia finest!

Mort likes this.
  10. dim

dim Guest

11. keithmac

keithmac Über Member

Have a look at the Raleigh Strada e Hybrid, Shimano crank drive with integrated automatic Di-2 gear shifting.

Might try and see if I can have a trest ride on one myself!.