Electric powered front wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

red_tom

I love the beautiful simplicity of the design.........not! :biggrin:

CMSideViewAssembled.jpg

From http://www.neodymics.com/

hubgearfreak

Über Member
i'm almost speechless. it takes some real skill to make something like that, and it not appear to be an afterthought:biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'm sure I've seen wheels with a petrol engine built in, complete with fuel tank. Surely getting a bunch of Li-Ion cells and a motor in can't be impossible?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Mrs. tdr1nka is convinced that she needs motor assistance for her trike on hills, we saw this while googling electric bike kits.

How bloody heavy must this set up be? Wouldn't want to go down a steep hill with one!!!:biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
tdr1nka said:
Mrs. tdr1nka is convinced that she needs motor assistance for her trike on hills, we saw this while googling electric bike kits.

How bloody heavy must this set up be? Wouldn't want to go down a steep hill with one!!!:biggrin:
Just stick a rubber wheel in the chuck of a battery drill and tell Mrs t to hold it on the tyre and pull the trigger. It will be light, portable and can be used on any vehicle. If you have a DeWalt then she can charge up at any building site!:angry:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Night Train said:
Just stick a rubber wheel in the chuck of a battery drill and tell Mrs t to hold it on the tyre and pull the trigger. It will be light, portable and can be used on any vehicle. If you have a DeWalt then she can charge up at any building site!:angry:

Surely the trike will take off down the road without her?!!:angry:
Actually, it's a tadpole trike so she'd have to face backwards to reach the wheel. I do have a Makita cordless and my faithful charger!:biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'm about to try this on my bike on the cycle trainer to see how much power the drill can put through the trainer. The bike computer should give me an MPH reading for the drill power.

rikki

Legendary Member
tdr1nka, the blurb says its weighs 40 lbs!

So I stick a 16" wheel and nearly 40 lbs of stuff on the front of my bike and it will be "Fun to Ride, Fast and responsive, with low center of mass".

I think I'll try bolting my bike to the back of a small electric pallet truck instead.

domtyler

Über Member
The ability to be able to hold thirty miles an hour for as long as required on a typical commute would be a real benefit to an awful lot of people. If more people are to be encouraged then this could really be the way forward.

Top Bottom