Electric Razors 'Inspired' by other 3 head designs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
My rechargeable shaver has never been that good, and now it's at the point where you can only just get one shave per charge, and the blades are blunt, so although I was thinking of soldering in a new battery, by the time I've done that and bought new blades it will basically cost most of the price of one of the shavers that look rather like Phillips ones available online, and still be a bit disappointing.

The high end Phillips shavers seem to cost a few hundred quid, and don't seem great value to me - all you get is a battery, a motor and some attachments. I don't see how it can cost so much. However, I notice that you can get strikingly similar devices from the likes of RoziaPro for much less. I just wondered if anyone had any experience of them? The reviews on Amazon all read a little bit like they were written by a friend of the seller.

screenman

Legendary Member
I use a Lidl/Silver Crest on on my head everyday, only £20 I will bet it gives a good a shave as the one you show, certainly better than my Braun. But for me it does not give the close shave I like on my face, for that is has to be Hydro5.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I had a high-end Phillips, but as you said, the replacement foils are quite expensive, so I ended up with a Braun Series 3

Now the foil has gone on that - I am looking at £35-£40 replacement foil, or yet another new shaver

Dave7

Legendary Member
I bought the Aldi copy of my Philishave for £20.00. It was quite good. A tad louder and did snag slightly but a good shave.
Sadly, after one month it died. I fully charged it then..... nothing worked.
Took it back and got a refund.
TBH I wouldnt risk it online but Aldi has such a good returns policy it was worth a £20 gamble.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's a good question and one i faced a while back , i ended up being given a phillips one my dad had only used once or twice an didn't get on with at all .

C R

Guru
I was in the same situation about a year ago, got one of the Chinese copies off Amazon, and very happy with it so far. It is this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...rds=shaver&dpPl=1&dpID=41NCDtP0xAL&ref=plSrch

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I dont get this thread either. A top quality heavy brass safety razor (eg Edwin Jagger) is about £20 and the blades cost buttons. They just work with no (ok few) cuts for very little cost or hasle

C R

Guru
I dont get this thread either. A top quality heavy brass safety razor (eg Edwin Jagger) is about £20 and the blades cost buttons. They just work with no (ok few) cuts for very little cost or hasle
It is just personal preference. On the few occasions I had to use a razor, I ended with a very bad rash and a not very good shave, electric shaver has never given me any trouble. YMMV as they say.

screenman

Legendary Member
I cannot get on with a 3 head for my face, fine on the bonce though.I

The Chinese one is £20 in Lidl, mine is used daily and is at least a year old.

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
I generally have a bit of stubble. I use a shavette to clear the bits that are clean shaven and then trim the rest with the current thing using its clipper attachent. Every few weeks I shave it all off using either the electric razor or the shavette if I’m feeling brave. I thought the linked shaver with its collection of heads would allow flexibility.

Top Bottom