Electronic Parking Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Back to the leci handbrake: what happens if the batteries flat? Presumably brake stays on rather than auto release. How do you push or tow the car?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Back to the leci handbrake: what happens if the batteries flat? Presumably brake stays on rather than auto release. How do you push or tow the car?

My car has a big red handle marked pull :tongue: that releases the brake.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4766377, member: 259"]Isn't that for the ejector seat?[/QUOTE]

That's a button under the gear knob. Or have they moved even that now? Is there no end to this madness?

KEEF

Veteran
upload_2017-4-18_17-18-19.png
here is my parking brake.

mustang1

Legendary Member
My sister had to go to Tamworth but her son had borrowed her car, so she asked her husband if she could use his. "of course, I'll back it out of the garage whilst you get your stuff together". BMW with keyless entry and start. So he backs the car out of the garage, leaves it outside with the engine running, (auto stop/start disengaged). Sister jumps in and drives to Tamworth. Gets out and walks away. Unfortunately the 'key' thingy is in her husbands pocket 15 miles away. She now can't restart the car. BiL can't drive over as their other can't has been lent out. An expensive taxi ride later reunites the car and 'key'. Both mightily pissed off.
I thought the car pings you if it detects after a while the key is not in the detection range?

mustang1

Legendary Member
One of our cars (VW Golf) has the rain insensitive wipers. This is the single most irritating feature I have ever had on any car ever. The wipers either come on randomly when it isn't raining, or if it is raining I have to overide it because I can't seen where I'm going. No amount of adjusting the sensitivity of the thing makes it satisfactory and there isn't an intermittent wipe.

Relying on the auto lights is potentially dangerous, as they won't come on automatically in daylight if it's foggy or snowing.
Another thing about auto lights is they could come on as you're approached a junction and a car is waiting to turn. If the lights come on automatically, the other driver may take this to mean you are giving them way to turn.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I like all the stuff they load into cars these days to make my life easier and thus more enjoyable. I see no virtue in doing stuff myself if I can get a machine to do it for me

The autoheadlights are really useful in places like Spain where there are loads of tunnels....enter tunnel, lights go on....leave tunnel, lights go off. But generally it means I have one thing fewer to think about when I'm driving around so I can concentrate on the important stuff

How about your job? :smile:

mustang1

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4765097, member: 259"]Yes, but it was a Peugeot. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Yeah and now they make electric cars :crazy:

(They're not known for the most reliable electrics)

mustang1

Legendary Member
Exactly, you've got a coffee in one hand, the iPad on the dash, sarnies on your lap, etc. last thing you want is to be distracted with windscreen wiper duties and the like or paying attention to what's going on through that big window thing at the front.
Like an airline pilot. They should stop letting computers fly the plane and do what they are paid to. Pfft.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I briefly had a pool car 406 peugot with the auto wipers thing. It worked quite well mostly and you still had "off", "intermittant, and 'full on" if it got confused or it was just the wrong amount of rain.
With auto wipers, you never have the wrong amount of rain. But like someone mentioned above, its a pug.

Top Bottom