'elf an Safety gorn mad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
that ladder looks like it'd easily extend a lot further.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I've done similarly risky things in my youth. I'm a bit more cautious now, though I'll still shimmy up 3-part ladders to clean gutters, or on to the roof on roof ladders.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I saw two men putting cavity wall insulation into a neighbour's rear wall. They had clambered up onto his DIY extension which has a sloping corrugated metal roof. One of them was 10 feet up a ladder and leaning way over to one side to drill holes in the wall. The bottom of the ladder was halfway up the sloping roof. Man #2 had one foot on the ladder, the other on the metal roof, a ciggy hanging from his mouth, and he was busy texting someone ... :eek: :whistle:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Health and safety gone mad is anyone seeing a problem with the picture . The most dangerous part would be climbing the ladder .
Or do you think he should have used scaffolding rather than the million year old rock to stand on ?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
At first glance I thought it was a bronze statue... Think I will have another beer.

Drago

Legendary Member
In the Army one year we were tasked with hanging up the Christmas decorations in the drill hall at Camp Slade near Oxford. The final decoration as a star to be hung from the middle of the ceiling. The Corporal got a ladder, and made a few of us burly lads hold it vertical. He then got the smallest lad and made him climb the latter to hang the star.

In order to maintain the safety of the small lad, the Corp tied a rope around his waist...and that's it. The lad climbed with this rope trailing down below him. I have no idea whatsoever how the rope was supposed to save him if he fell. IIRC the Corporal eventually left, and got a job in charge of bungee jump safety for Noel Edmunds Late Late Breakfast Show.

I can't quite make out why the OP has stated "Health and Safety is a waste of time".
Surely, the point is that it most definitely is not a 'waste of time'.

Maenchi

StoneDog
what age might the bloke be ? maybe he's always done it like that....ruf but reet enough ..... eh lads.......fark all them safety rules I know what i'm doing !! as there is no other photo of him broken on the floor I guess he was ok then..........:okay:

Top Bottom