Elite Muin B+ set up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anton

Hi,
Not sure if anyone can help me with this. I purchased a Muin B+ in Feb this year and for one reason and another never got to use it. This year I am trying to get organised so I have no excuse not to turbo over winter Anyway I have put my sensor in today and seem to have set it up ok with the 12 blinks set up. I have managed to connect it to my elite training app on my iPhone 6 so, so far so good. What I can't seem to be able to do is get my heart rate strap to record on the app. When I look at Bluetooth it shows that the phone is connected however the heart rate still isn't recording. Now I am not the best with all this technology stuff so wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction of what to try next. I have a Garmin 1000 and heart rate strap. Do I need to purchase one of these Ant+ things? If so which one? Also I don't own a PC and only have a iPhone 6 Plus my wife's iPad (if she lets me use it) is it worth buying a cheapish PC.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Hi,
Not sure if anyone can help me with this. I purchased a Muin B+ in Feb this year and for one reason and another never got to use it. This year I am trying to get organised so I have no excuse not to turbo over winter Anyway I have put my sensor in today and seem to have set it up ok with the 12 blinks set up. I have managed to connect it to my elite training app on my iPhone 6 so, so far so good. What I can't seem to be able to do is get my heart rate strap to record on the app. When I look at Bluetooth it shows that the phone is connected however the heart rate still isn't recording. Now I am not the best with all this technology stuff so wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction of what to try next. I have a Garmin 1000 and heart rate strap. Do I need to purchase one of these Ant+ things? If so which one? Also I don't own a PC and only have a iPhone 6 Plus my wife's iPad (if she lets me use it) is it worth buying a cheapish PC.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Your IPhone is not native Ant+ capable, afaik, and neither is the ipad. If your HRM strap is a Garmin it is probably Ant+.

Your best bet is to get a dual HRM strap, Ant+ and BLE. Not cheap (£50-70) but it is usable on almost all systems including Iphone/pads, android (many have Ant+ built in), Garmin edge units without any additional parts and pc's (with an Ant+ dongle).

Scosche Rhythm+ (optical sensor) and Wahoo Tickr/x/run (electrical) are all dual band and about the same price. I use a Scosche Rhythm+ and comparing optical to electrical have had very little difference between the 2 systems.

OP
OP
A

Anton

Your IPhone is not native Ant+ capable, afaik, and neither is the ipad. If your HRM strap is a Garmin it is probably Ant+.

Your best bet is to get a dual HRM strap, Ant+ and BLE. Not cheap (£50-70) but it is usable on almost all systems including Iphone/pads, android (many have Ant+ built in), Garmin edge units without any additional parts and pc's (with an Ant+ dongle).

Scosche Rhythm+ (optical sensor) and Wahoo Tickr/x/run (electrical) are all dual band and about the same price. I use a Scosche Rhythm+ and comparing optical to electrical have had very little difference between the 2 systems.

Thanks for the info. Just done a little reading. Would it be the same if I was to purchase the Wahoo Ant + key for iphone and the 30 pin lightening adapter from Apple?
Thanks

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Thanks for the info. Just done a little reading. Would it be the same if I was to purchase the Wahoo Ant + key for iphone and the 30 pin lightening adapter from Apple?
Thanks
You could go that way.

But I would prefer the dual band strap. The straps can be used to feed info to multiple devices over different broadcast systems e.g. iphone BLE and edge Ant+, at the same time. You will find it hard to lose a strap, a dongle and adapter not so much, damhik.

OP
OP
A

Anton

You could go that way.

But I would prefer the dual band strap. The straps can be used to feed info to multiple devices over different broadcast systems e.g. iphone BLE and edge Ant+, at the same time. You will find it hard to lose a strap, a dongle and adapter not so much, damhik.

Hi,
Still not sorted anything yet. Been busy with work etc. Just before I go ahead and waste a load of money what I am thinking of doing is using the trainer road app for training. This has been suggested by a few lads I cycle with. If I buy one of the straps you suggested will that also enable me to link up with trainer road and strava etc? If I was to buy the strap I would then basically have the elite turbo + sensor and the Garmin 1000 plus iphone. Sorry for the questions but I really dont understand most of this techy stuff and want to be sure I am not wasting my money if unknowingly I already have what I need. The way I understand it is I just need one of the Ant + straps.

Thank you

Top Bottom