Embarrassing and controversial question!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was cold this morning and I had to wear tights for the first time in months. We've had the big debats about what to wear under shorts. So, what are you supposed to wear under tights? They don't have any pads like shorts and are even more revealing - assuming that there is anything to reveal after a frosty ride. ;)

Tetedelacourse

my tights have padding but will be safely tucked away til at least November, soft lad.

pants with a pad and a King Edward should see you right.

Commuter

Yes , it was cold, had to stop and put my leg warmers on, the leg warmers will suffice on coldish mornings until I need my thicker bib longs.

My bib tights have a pad so I wear them same way as bib shorts, commando.

You can buy cycling underwear with built in pad, perhaps these are the answer ??

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I don't know what is generally accepted but I wear those pairs of cheap or worn-out (or both) shorts under my tights, the horrible ones that end up at the bottom of the drawer in the summer, stuff that I wouldn't wear alone as shorts.

Unless my tights are a bit worn out in the arse region, in which case I wear shorts over the top and hope they look like leg warmers.

You can buy padded underwear for the job, and I expect padded tights are available, but I haven't got any.

wafflycat

I wear a pair of padded cycle shorts under RonHill Bikesters in cold weather. If it's really cold, I'll also have a pair of long johns on under the Bikesters. Sexy, eh? ;)

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
I used to favour a mink lined cod piece but found the sensation was too distracting for riding in traffic. So I have now switched to a cheap pair of Decathlon lycra cycling shorts.

Tetedelacourse

Patrick Stevens said:
I live in North Wales!!!

Practically mediterranean then;)

Top Bottom