1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embarrassing and controversial question!

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Cycling Naturalist, 29 Aug 2007.

1. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

It was cold this morning and I had to wear tights for the first time in months. We've had the big debats about what to wear under shorts. So, what are you supposed to wear under tights? They don't have any pads like shorts and are even more revealing - assuming that there is anything to reveal after a frosty ride. ;)

2. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

my tights have padding but will be safely tucked away til at least November, soft lad.

pants with a pad and a King Edward should see you right.

3. Commuter

Commuter New Member

Yes , it was cold, had to stop and put my leg warmers on, the leg warmers will suffice on coldish mornings until I need my thicker bib longs.

My bib tights have a pad so I wear them same way as bib shorts, commando.

You can buy cycling underwear with built in pad, perhaps these are the answer ??

4. palinurus

palinurus Guru

I don't know what is generally accepted but I wear those pairs of cheap or worn-out (or both) shorts under my tights, the horrible ones that end up at the bottom of the drawer in the summer, stuff that I wouldn't wear alone as shorts.

Unless my tights are a bit worn out in the arse region, in which case I wear shorts over the top and hope they look like leg warmers.

You can buy padded underwear for the job, and I expect padded tights are available, but I haven't got any.

5. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

I wear a pair of padded cycle shorts under RonHill Bikesters in cold weather. If it's really cold, I'll also have a pair of long johns on under the Bikesters. Sexy, eh? ;)

6. OP
    OP
    Cycling Naturalist

I live in North Wales!!!

7. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

I used to favour a mink lined cod piece but found the sensation was too distracting for riding in traffic. So I have now switched to a cheap pair of Decathlon lycra cycling shorts.

8. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

I always wear normal cycling shorts if I wear tights - but bib-tights which have built in padding are much better...

9. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Practically mediterranean then;)

10. johnr

johnr Über Member

Embarrassed? Patrick? Surely some mistake

11. OP
    OP
    Cycling Naturalist

No, the judicious use of a word that is guaranteed to get people viewing the thread. ;)

12. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Ach its no where near cold enough for tights yet, wimp, what ever would Arch say:tongue:

13. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

Wales or not, you're still a big girl for not keeping shorts on until December.

14. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

i wear Endura padded underwear under my tights.

15. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I always wear normal padded lycra shorts with my tights, no problems yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!