Emergency alert today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
What systems and versions? Do they have the emergency alerts options in the settings screens?
Other than location, no changes made since bought. All android, with the oldest being 22 months. They work under normal use.

What systems and versions? Do they have the emergency alerts options in the settings screens?
As said, I used two Samsung S7s and an S5 Neo, way out of date for this. But they are all running Android 10, which is itself too old, supposedly. All three received the alert OK, Plusnet/EE and O2. Android 10 doesn't have the alert setting. Frankly, it all seems a bit random...The newer phones mentioned must have it disabled, as there were few problems on those networks from what I can gather.

Last edited:

Stephenite

Membå
The sirens went off on the dot. But no alert on my mobile. Newspapers reporting 'many' of the 6 million mobile phones in the country didn't receive an alert.

It turns out the iOS is out of date. I've got 16.1 and you have to have 16.2 or newer. I received an alert 2 days ago to update the iOS to 16.5 but haven't done so yet - 'reason for update: you get 21 new emojis...' - I stopped reading there. It's a bit of a jump 16.1 to 16.5. I wonder why it hasn't gone through 16.2, .3 and .4.

Alex321

Veteran
The sirens went off on the dot. But no alert on my mobile. Newspapers reporting 'many' of the 6 million mobile phones in the country didn't receive an alert.

It turns out the iOS is out of date. I've got 16.1 and you have to have 16.2 or newer. I received an alert 2 days ago to update the iOS to 16.5 but haven't done so yet - 'reason for update: you get 21 new emojis...' - I stopped reading there. It's a bit of a jump 16.1 to 16.5. I wonder why it hasn't gone through 16.2, .3 and .4.

It probably did, but you ignored them.

AndyRM

XOXO
If it's just minor iterations, developers will generally go 16.1.1, 16.1.2, 16.1.3 etc and then just do the major release where the last minor iteration ended. It sort of makes sense, but then also doesn't.

If every minor iteration was included we'd be up to OS t 50000 or something equally ridiculous by now.

D

Deleted member 26715

that's a bit crap, we could have sent a pigeon from the UK after our test to warn Norway, and still been way ahead of your government?
:okay:
Can you send a pigeon anywhere? I thought they only returned home, so it would have had to have been a Norwegian pigeon :laugh:

Top Bottom