Emergency information in event of an accidient

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I was talking to the Mrs the other day and she was concerned that if I have an accident while she is abroad...wait for it...nobody would know that the dog would still be 'home alone':rolleyes:...possibly for weeks after my death....:rolleyes:...anyway....she suggested I carry a note for the police to save the mutt in the event I am mamed or left dieing in a ditch somewhere. I hav esince had a word about her priorities, however on a serious note what information is it prudent to include in such a note for the emergency services in the event of a cycling accident?

So far mine says my name and a statement that it was the other guys fault:biggrin:

Noodley

your address, where to find the "hidden key" and instructions as to how much to feed the dog. :rolleyes:

bonj2

oh what a nice missus you have :rolleyes: never mind about you, as long as the dog survives :rolleyes:

in all seriousness though one of the first thing they would do if they knew their arse from their elbow is look for a mobile phone and look for 'mum' or 'home' or something in the address book.

ICE is a Europe wide initiative.

I keep a laminated card in my saddlepack that says:

Name: Jacomus *****
DOB: 28/01/1986
Allergies: NONE
Medical allergies: NONE. Penicillin safe. Morphine safe.
ICE: +44 **** ****** further ICE in mobile phone
General health: Very fit. Non-smoker. No illigal narcotics. No perscription narcotics.

bonj2

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
ICE is a Europe wide initiative.

I keep a laminated card in my saddlepack that says:

Name: Jacomus *****
DOB: 28/01/1986
Medical allergies: NONE. Penicillin safe. Morphine safe.
General health: Very fit. Non-smoker. No illigal narcotics. No perscription narcotics.

Could I carry a similar card that says:

Name: bonj
DOB: 23/09/19**
Medical allergies: NONE. Penicillin safe. Reacts very well to morphine. In fact will probably be cured immediately by a shot of morphine.
General health: Quite fit. Ex-smoker. No illigal narcotics (currently). No perscription narcotics.

If I arranged the card so it was just sticking out of my pocket, then went to a busy shopping centre and collapsed and pretended to be dead, would they just give me a nice free shot of morphine?

The recommendation is to put someone in under ICE in your mobile phone. Most emergency services will now look for this, it stands for In Case of Emergency. Tip from a mate who works in A&E, they find it very useful.

Unless you have a Trice of course in which case they can organise spare parts on your behalf!

Please do not rely on this technology, as if like me you have a lock on your phone - it may not be accessible, equally if the phone is damaged or battery dies.Also there are some concerns in that finding a phone does not neccesarily identify it as the victims, and that a false call can be made with the best of intentions.

(Personally I dismiss the "confidentality issues as I feel that if discussed withthe perosn nominated, it is permission for their details to be released inthis way)

The best way is a simple meta tag or bracelet - much more secure and reliable - and not subject to the foibles of technology.

Road ID is fine, but I know from experience that a shoe is not somewhere you would look for ID...

Quick "pat down" during the primary and secondary survey for wallet, credit card folder, keys, neck for ID / Alert, wrist for Id / Alert, and if armed forces - shoulder for Blood group.

bonj said:
Could I carry a similar card that says:

Name: bonj
DOB: 23/09/19**
Medical allergies: NONE. Penicillin safe. Reacts very well to morphine. In fact will probably be cured immediately by a shot of morphine.
General health: Quite fit. Ex-smoker. No illigal narcotics (currently). No perscription narcotics.

If I arranged the card so it was just sticking out of my pocket, then went to a busy shopping centre and collapsed and pretended to be dead, would they just give me a nice free shot of morphine?

Perhaps - but are you willing to take the risk of some halitoxic grandmother "slapping a liplock" (no tongues) on you as she attempts to resuscitate you?

col

Legendary Member
Cunobelin said:
Perhaps - but are you willing to take the risk of some halitoxic grandmother "slapping a liplock" (no tongues) on you as she attempts to resuscitate you?

Dont forget about the dribblexx(

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Name: BTFB
DOB: 25/12/1967
Allergies: The bastard car driver who hit me
Medical allergies: NONE. Penicillin safe. Reacts very well to hot female nurse massage. In fact will probably be cured immediately by a hot female nurse(s).
General health: You figure it out, I cant.
Non smoker.
I deny everything and blame him over there.

bonj2

:rolleyes::angry:euuugghhhh - no ! I think on second thoughts I'd rather dress up as a builder and go into A&E and claim a brick fell on my head :rolleyes:

papercorn2000

one of the last incidents I attended as a cop was a fatal crash. A young (24) girl in a saxo had been sandwiched between a stationary Landrover and a Vectra doing about 60. When we got there, the saxo was about 6 feet long. The girl was already brain dead (according to the paramedic - eyes pointing in different directions is not a good sign apparently) and in a bit of a mess. What has always stayed with me was that her mobile phone kept on ringing from where it was in the passenger footwell. I picked it up and it kept on coming up with "Mum and Dad".

I saw nastier and messier crashes but that one has always haunted me.

Top Bottom