Emergency Information

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam2008

Hello everyone
Had a bit of a near miss this morning which got me thinking.
"If I was in an accident how would the paramedics know who I was"? I never carry a wallet or any ID with me when on my bike!
So I am going to put a little information ticket in my saddle bag and wondered what information I should put on it. So far I have come up with the following and hope that you might come up with some additional information.
Name
Address
Date of birth
Blood group
Emergency contacts
Allergies

Any others???

frog

I wouldn't bother with blood group. If you need it they'll take some for cross matching and not trust what you've written on a tag. If you take medication like Warfarin that needs to be on there.

tomb1960

I think there was a thread about this very topic some months (or even up to a year ago) it gave the link to a company which makes dog-tag type things for this very purpose, I have tried a quick search to no avail, but if I find the company again I will post it.

Fiona N

Veteran
An organ donor card - you're on the website for registration but it would act as an alert in the worst case

OP
OP
adam2008

adam2008

I have just been on the phone that does the tags and they said not to put address on there as the person that may find you could go and rob you if they know you are hospoital!

tomb1960 said:
I think there was a thread about this very topic some months (or even up to a year ago) it gave the link to a company which makes dog-tag type things for this very purpose, I have tried a quick search to no avail, but if I find the company again I will post it.

RoadID

domtyler

Über Member
Are you going to carry a little card around with you when you are walking on the pavement or driving too?

OP
OP
adam2008

adam2008

domtyler said:
Are you going to carry a little card around with you when you are walking on the pavement or driving too?

I'd concider biking on the road at approx 15-20mph slightly more risky than walking down the pavement, but if I start to walk down the middle of the road I might concider it!

domtyler

Über Member
adam2008 said:
I'd concider biking on the road at approx 15-20mph slightly more risky than walking down the pavement, but if I start to walk down the middle of the road I might concider it!

You may consider it to be more risky, but in fact you are far, far more likely to be killed or seriously injured as a pedestrian than while cycling. Even more so if you are driving.

As for carrying your wallet, why do you not just take your wallet with you when cycling then?

beancounter

domtyler said:
You may consider it to be more risky, but in fact you are far, far more likely to be killed or seriously injured as a pedestrian than while cycling. Even more so if you are driving.

As for carrying your wallet, why do you not just take your wallet with you when cycling then?

I tried it but it took 5mph off my average speed...

bc

Top Bottom