1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emergency Information

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by adam2008, 14 May 2008.

1. adam2008

adam2008 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone
    Had a bit of a near miss this morning which got me thinking.
    "If I was in an accident how would the paramedics know who I was"? I never carry a wallet or any ID with me when on my bike!
    So I am going to put a little information ticket in my saddle bag and wondered what information I should put on it. So far I have come up with the following and hope that you might come up with some additional information.
    Name
    Address
    Date of birth
    Blood group
    Emergency contacts
    Allergies

Any others???

2. frog

frog Guest

I wouldn't bother with blood group. If you need it they'll take some for cross matching and not trust what you've written on a tag. If you take medication like Warfarin that needs to be on there.

3. tomb1960

tomb1960 New Member

I think there was a thread about this very topic some months (or even up to a year ago) it gave the link to a company which makes dog-tag type things for this very purpose, I have tried a quick search to no avail, but if I find the company again I will post it.

4. OP
    OP
    adam2008

Thanks that would be useful

5. Fiona N

Fiona N Well-Known Member

An organ donor card - you're on the website for registration but it would act as an alert in the worst case

6. OP
    OP
    adam2008

I have just been on the phone that does the tags and they said not to put address on there as the person that may find you could go and rob you if they know you are hospoital!

7. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

RoadID

8. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

9. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Are you going to carry a little card around with you when you are walking on the pavement or driving too?

10. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

Um, generally have a wallet stuffed with ID in those situations?

bc

11. OP
    OP
    adam2008

I'd concider biking on the road at approx 15-20mph slightly more risky than walking down the pavement, but if I start to walk down the middle of the road I might concider it!

12. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

You may consider it to be more risky, but in fact you are far, far more likely to be killed or seriously injured as a pedestrian than while cycling. Even more so if you are driving.

As for carrying your wallet, why do you not just take your wallet with you when cycling then?

13. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

I tried it but it took 5mph off my average speed...

bc

14. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Ah, I'll let you off then! :biggrin:

15. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Is your wallet the size of a Carradice pannier?