Emma Foa's death-verdict announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
That may be, but careless zarks in heavy metal cages are the ones that need to take the ultimate care. It is they that bring significant danger to everyone else, unlike cyclists and pedestrians.

I think this is not right,everyone can bring significant danger,through their actions,ie the pedestrian that walks out with out looking,the cyclist pulling a wheely while going head to head with an oncoming vehicle,just for example.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
You don't want that though. Cyclists trained en masse to take safe, assertive road positions? Trained to expect good manners from motorists and not to blandly accept aggressive behaviour? You'd hate it.

What makes you say that?Sarcasm doesnt really help either?This is just the sort of argueing that doesnt get any one anywhere.

Cab

col said:
What makes you say that?Sarcasm doesnt really help either?This is just the sort of argueing that doesnt get any one anywhere.

Its entirely true. The often stated claim that motorists would be happier if we were all trained is patently untrue; in fact, the more competent cyclists there are the longer it'll take them to get anywhere, the more they'll have to obey the rules of the road rather than overtaking too closely. The fallacy I'm exposing is the idea that a trained cyclist one is a kerb hugging crawler; a cyclist trained in basic road safety is precisely the kind of cyclist that those motorists who claim we need training don't want.

Cab

col said:
I think this is not right,everyone can bring significant danger,through their actions,ie the pedestrian that walks out with out looking,the cyclist pulling a wheely while going head to head with an oncoming vehicle,just for example.

If you don't mind me saying so, its a pretty moronic example. Wheely head to head with an oncoming vehicle? Come on.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
If you don't mind me saying so, its a pretty moronic example. Wheely head to head with an oncoming vehicle? Come on.

That was my reason for adding it,it does happen,in fact iv had it twice in the last month.My point being,is this a cyclist?Of course it is,so look how dangerous you (generalised) can be.See what i mean?
The first of your threads you said ,you dont want that,and you'd hate it,insinuating to Random that you know his thoughts.Again,i dont think you have any reason to go at him like that,he has come across as level headed and sensible,even after verbal abuse,he didnt go into have a go back mode. That seems to be goading ,for just that sort of reaction.
I think the training side for cyclists,is meant for the ability to recognise dangerous places and avoid them,like nearside of large vehicles.

RANDOM

BentMikey said:
That may be, but careless zarks in heavy metal cages are the ones that need to take the ultimate care. It is they that bring significant danger to everyone else, unlike cyclists and pedestrians.

No cyclist can be a danger to themself and to other road users as so can pedestrians who like to walk out in front of a ten ton bus when the bus has right of way going through a green light and the red man is still on for them.

RANDOM

Cab said:
You don't want that though. Cyclists trained en masse to take safe, assertive road positions? Trained to expect good manners from motorists and not to blandly accept aggressive behaviour? You'd hate it.

Of coarse i would no one wants to any one get injured on the road.

OP
OP
S

spindrift

That was my reason for adding it,it does happen,in fact iv had it twice in the last month.

Ever wonder why people reckon you're a troll?

RANDOM

Cab said:

Yes not only does that happen have also seen the cyclists weaving in and out of the white lane markings in the middle of the road.So they must be made aware of the dangers also

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
So be a good driver, other peoples attitudes shouldn't affect how you drive or ride.

If you see a cyclist causing a dangerous situation, report it. Same as if I almost get sent down the road on my a*se, I'll be reporting the driver.

I think with bad driving and bad cycling more reporting is required. If the police suddenly found that 75% of reported crime related to incidents on the road. I hope they'd not still be concentrating on speed cameras?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
RANDOM said:
No cyclist can be a danger to themself and to other road users as so can pedestrians who like to walk out in front of a ten ton bus when the bus has right of way going through a green light and the red man is still on for them.

There's no such thing as right of way in this country. Pedestrians don't bring danger to anyone in the way a bus or a car does. Pedestrians don't kill 3,500 people a year in the UK, drivers do.

col

Legendary Member
spindrift said:
That was my reason for adding it,it does happen,in fact iv had it twice in the last month.

Ever wonder why people reckon you're a troll?

I dont understand why your so against both parties opinions,and why would saying what has happened to me be classed as a troll?
Your swearing and calling is more of a trolls actions,and i still find some of your answers puzzling :biggrin:

Thought you had blocked me anyway?:biggrin:

RANDOM

BentMikey said:
There's no such thing as right of way in this country. Pedestrians don't bring danger to anyone in the way a bus or a car does. Pedestrians don't kill 3,500 people a year in the UK, drivers do.

According to the High Way Code book the right of way does exist also that doesn't give the pedestrian the right to endanger thier life by walking out in front of any vehicle or cyclist for that matter.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:

I wonder what the pecentage is ,of these,that were caused by vehicles swerving to avoid hitting someone,then hitting someone else.ie the innocent person,or the vehicle stopping suddenly so it didnt hit someone,and the vehicle behind crashed into the back?

col

Legendary Member
gambatte said:
So be a good driver, other peoples attitudes shouldn't affect how you drive or ride.

If you see a cyclist causing a dangerous situation, report it. Same as if I almost get sent down the road on my a*se, I'll be reporting the driver.

I think with bad driving and bad cycling more reporting is required. If the police suddenly found that 75% of reported crime related to incidents on the road. I hope they'd not still be concentrating on speed cameras?

Agreed,but the bad news is,even with cctv footage showing what has happened,not much happens.I think we end up back at the cost and cutback scenario again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom