Emma on Way to court

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Glad to hear it: I was worried that nothing was going to happen.

Start the speculation now! (actually don't - let's not prejudice the trial)

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
you think?

"Failing to stop after an accident". that's pretty serious. She may not go to prison, But she will have a criminal record.

People have killed cyclists and got less. So yer I think.
Is £50 not the going rate for killing a cyclist these days?

Lanzecki

Über Member
tearful Miss Way described as the public "judging me on one man's side of the story".

And her admitting to the public that she had
Definitely knocked a cyclist off his bike

I'm not sure how she can dispute the sequence of events.

She'll get a fine and the judge will be very disappointed with her. If she get's hit too hard it'll go to appeal that probably won't get heard about in the newspapers.

What might really hurt is that shes training to be an accountant. I'm not sure if she can be one if she has a criminal record? Anyone?

What might really hurt is that shes training to be an accountant. I'm not sure if she can be one if she has a criminal record? Anyone?

I thought it was the same as the rules governing entry into Australia: A criminal record is prerequisite.

This case and the archly stupid JUnior Crime Commissioner who tweeted horse poo are excellent demonstrations of how a good lawyer and some media massage can wholly or partly turn an embarrassing defeat into a narrow escape (in terms of public opinion).

Both did the weepy, Diana-eyed non-apology thing on TV-AM or similar and said how these unwise actions were just the normal things a lot of young people do. Absolutely brilliant - and for most casual viewers completely successful.

I and many people I know find both young women behaved disgracefully (and the bicycle-hitter criminally), but most people forgot this months ago.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
And her admitting to the public that she had

I'm not sure how she can dispute the sequence of events.

She'll get a fine and the judge will be very disappointed with her. If she get's hit too hard it'll go to appeal that probably won't get heard about in the newspapers.

Anyone can say they are an accountant - it's not a protected job title.
However, to join the Institute of Chartered Accountants you do need to declare all criminal convictions. Whether that will bar you from becoming a member depends on the crime. Details are not specified, but I would imagine crimes of dishonesty would rule you out, whereas motoring convictions may not be an issue to membership.

dodd82

What really irritates me about this girl is that the only thing she ever said sorry for was tweeting!

Er... how about apologising for the fact that you hit someone with your car, and then laughed about it? How about taking a long hard look at yourself, if you think that's not morally reprehensible?

What an awful human being.

I really think she still doesn't get it!

Lanzecki

Über Member
Anyone can say they are an accountant - it's not a protected job title.
However, to join the Institute of Chartered Accountants you do need to declare all criminal convictions. Whether that will bar you from becoming a member depends on the crime. Details are not specified, but I would imagine crimes of dishonesty would rule you out, whereas motoring convictions may not be an issue to membership.

Good answer. I kinda suspected that. So while careless driving won't stop her, being found guilty of lying in court would.

That said she's never denied hitting the cyclist. She has blamed it on everything and everyone else, and claimed the cyclist wasn't knocked off after she hit him, but she's never denied it happened, or has attempted to hide the truth.

Anyway, 21 years old, and want to be an accountant? Something's wrong there. :smile:

Top Bottom