Emma on Way to court

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's incorrect. The charge was careless driving and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with fault. Someone could still be at fault in a collision but not be careless.
The fault will be decided by the insurance companies, if there is any claim.
But it is correct with the court ruling as they did not lay blame for the accident with her. She may well be to blame but not according to any court ruling.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
But it is correct with the court ruling as they did not lay blame for the accident with her. She may well be to blame but not according to any court ruling.
As I said, the charge of careless driving doesn't have to have anything to do with who is at fault. She was just deemed not guilty of careless driving. Nothing else.

Schneil

Veteran
As I said, the charge of careless driving doesn't have to have anything to do with who is at fault. She was just deemed not guilty of careless driving. Nothing else.

As with any criminal charge, you have to be able to be proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt. There wasn't enough there to be able to prosecute her for her crap driving. However for civil claims the proof needs to be only 50:50. So the cyclist involved in the collision could still have a good chance of making a successful claim.

Can i just add that this silly bint is in no way remorseful. She only regrets tweeting as it meant she got caught. She clearly still believes that had she not tweeted then she would have got away with what she did. Glad she lost her job and hopefully career. A pity she wasn't given a 2 year driving ban, forced to take a re-test to get her driving license back and fined £1,000 plus costs with £500 victim surcharge.

Well given she's 22 with 7 points on her licence she effectively has. Imagine what her car insurance premiums will be like now? I'd be surprised if it wasn't an increase of at least 4 figures

Last edited:
Reactions: gaz

stowie

Legendary Member
As with any criminal charge, you have to be able to be proved guilty beyond reasonable doubt. There wasn't enough there to be able to prosecute her for her crap driving. However for civil claims the proof needs to be only 50:50. So the cyclist involved in the collision could still have a good chance of making a successful claim.

Well given she's 22 with 7 points on her licence she effectively has. Imagine what her car insurance premiums will be like now? I'd be surprised if it wasn't an increase of at least 4 figures

I watched as much of the interview on Daybreak as I could stomach. She was asked what she would say to the cyclist now and the solicitor immediately pitched in to say "what can she say, she was found not guilty of having caused the collision". Which I don't think is actually true? They found her not guilty of careless driving - surely this isn't one and the same?

She was found guilty of failing to stop at an accident and failing to report and accident. She could try to apologise to him for driving off without even checking if he was OK.

stowie

Legendary Member
The court did not rule that the collision wasn't her fault. It said she wasn't guilty of driving without due care and attention.

Two separate things.

Someone needs to tell her solicitor that then. I presume he doesn't want her to say sorry and imply liability if insurance claims are ongoing. But it was back in May so I would have thought that would have been resolved anyway.

Everything is about how stupid she was with the tweet. Presumably if she had driven off and not announced it to the world then this would have been fine.. Makes me mad - why doesn't someone ask her why she would drive away from an accident without checking to see if the other party was OK? And then decide not to inform the police or someone who could help but bash out an obnoxious tweet instead.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Makes me mad - why doesn't someone ask her why she would drive away from an accident without checking to see if the other party was OK? And then decide not to inform the police or someone who could help but bash out an obnoxious tweet instead.

Apparently being 22 years old excuses it.

GC

stowie

Legendary Member
Apparently being 22 years old excuses it.

GC

Is her being incredibly stupid also a mitigating factor? I believe she is still training to be an accountant. I cannot wait for the tweet which reads "Think my clients might have evaded tax. #bloodyinlandrevenue".

Top Bottom