Emma on Way to court

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lets hope she gets life in the most butch prison in the land.

Are they ranking prisons by butchness now, or are you watching too many of the films normally only seen in Jacqui Smith's household?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I hit a cyclist this morning. Does that make me a bad person?
A paperboy no less, in headphones, bunny hopped off the pavement right into my path without looking. I became Cav to his Veelers. Swerving into parked car not really a preferred option. I should have anticipated the move. And kept an eye out for falling pianos.

It was a packed morning commute today!

Milzy

Guru
The news item says that she's a trainee accountant, I guess that she's off suspension now that the dust has settled.
Maybe the judge will decide to make an example of her. We can only hope.

When will the judge decide?

OP
OP
glenn forger

glenn forger

The news item says that she's a trainee accountant, I guess that she's off suspension now that the dust has settled.
Maybe the judge will decide to make an example of her. We can only hope.

The company refused to say if she still worked there.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
[QUOTE 2550939, member: 30090"]Yeah it will, any sort of poor conduct, criminal or not outside of work is a big no no and the major UK bodies (ICAEW, ACCA, ICAS, AAT, ACMA) take an extremely dim view of this because you are bringing the organisation/profession into disrepute.

A story told to me by my former audit tutor, judge for yourself...:

There was a man who was a qualified accountant walking home one night from the pub after having a couple of drinks. The village/town where he lived had a water feature of which he decided to take an impromptu dip into and have a little swim. The Police were called, had a word with the guy. It was obvious that he meant no harm, he apologised to the officers, went home, sobered up and then wrote a letter to his local paper apologising for his behaviour.

This letter was then published the following week showing his name and the respective accounting organisation that he was a member of. Someone then notified said organisation and the guy was promptly removed from the members register.

Make no mistake, if your conduct, in particular outside of work is bad then you will be kicked out. I suspect the same for Emma Way regardless of whether she is convicted or not.

Accountants rightly or wrongly get and have a bad press. They're the least trustworthy wrt professional jobs (only estate agents have a lower level of trust) and stuff like this does not help.[/quote]

I meant that it would not automatically bar her from being a member. But it might.

Hasn't her company already taken action?

There was certainly a disapproving statement and she was suspended

“Thank you for taking the time to email Larking Gowen regarding the tweets posted by one of our employees on their personal twitter account.

“Please be assured that this is not a view held by the firm and we most certainly do not condone this behaviour. We are taking the incidents very seriously, and a full and detailed investigation will be carried out and appropriate action taken. We have already spoken to Norfolk Police.”
[/url]

The disciplinary hearing itself may tip the scales against her

trickletreat

Veteran
She has shown no remorse and thus far is only sorry because she was found out by her own actions. This will hopefully be put to the magistrates by the prosecution.
Bet she argues that she heard a noise, thought she had hit a black cat, and when she checked she could still see one mounted cyclist [the other was in the hedge} so didn't believe that she had had an accident. Followed it up by an over imaginative tweet and hey presto.
Nigel

Top Bottom