Emoto Electric scooter no power on hills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie01staffy

Hi Advice please ,just bought one of these for my bf ,but it has no power on hills ,can we put a Bigger battery in it to increase the power ?

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi Advice please ,just bought one of these for my bf ,but it has no power on hills ,can we put a Bigger battery in it to increase the power ?
See my comments https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/all-seasons-emoto-electric-bike.246970/post-6483289

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
illegal to ride unless your on your own land anyway in the uk

"E-scooters are legally available to purchase but it's currently against the law to ride a privately-owned one in any public place in the UK.

"This includes roads, pavements, parks, within town centres or canal towpaths.

"The only place a privately owned e-scooter can be used is on private land, with the landowner's permission."

OP
OP
A

Alfie01staffy

illegal to ride unless your on your own land anyway in the uk

"E-scooters are legally available to purchase but it's currently against the law to ride a privately-owned one in any public place in the UK.

"This includes roads, pavements, parks, within town centres or canal towpaths.

"The only place a privately owned e-scooter can be used is on private land, with the landowner's permission."
Thank you I'm aware of this I have my own land as I have horses

Stephenite

Membå
If it has no power on hills return it.

If it isn’t getting your bf up the hills that’s a different case. You’re better off looking at fb or yt for software workarounds for a possible fix.

It may be that the scooter is under powered for your (bfs) requirements. My Xiaomi m395 struggles to get my 90kg up anything more than a gentle gradient without manual assistance.

Lozz360

Veteran
Your scooter is only 250W so it will struggle with any sort of incline, especially if your bf is the generous side of 90kg. There are ways of increasing speed/power by hacking software or adding another battery. The former will reduce the range and the latter runs the risk of burning out the controller if done without care. There is a FB page “Electric Scooters UK” which is awash with people asking how they can make their e scooters go quicker. YouTube is also a source of videos on how to do this.

Top Bottom