'Enable push notifications'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Apparently CC wants me to do this. What 'notifications' would it push? Have to say my knee-jerk response to any such messages is no thanks, but will I be missing out?

I was wondering exactly the same thing. Can Sean assist?

Shaun

Founder
It's a new feature - CC can now push alerts to your browser notification screen and add a little icon to your browser tab to show you have an alert. It's goes in the direction of CC -> browser, but not the other way. There's no privacy issue, it's just there for convenience if you want to use it. You should have an option to defer or opt-out completely.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It's a new feature - CC can now push alerts to your browser notification screen and add a little icon to your browser tab to show you have an alert. It's goes in the direction of CC -> browser, but not the other way. There's no privacy issue, it's just there for convenience if you want to use it. You should have an option to defer or opt-out completely.
Thanks Shaun. What, you mean 'someone's liked/replied to your post' sort of thing? Or what, if not?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks Shaun. What, you mean 'someone's liked/replied to your post' sort of thing? Or what, if not?
It IS. I just got one on my phone from someone 'liking' one of my posts. I get a lot of likes and 'mentions' so I would constantly be getting distracted by the notifications. I'm pretty good at keeping up with what is going on without being reminded so I am going to make 'push' push off! :laugh:

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It IS. I just got one on my phone from someone 'liking' one of my posts. I get a lot of likes and 'mentions' so I would constantly be getting distracted by the notifications. I'm pretty good at keeping up with what is going on without being reminded so I am going to make 'push' push off! :laugh:
Right. Ta. Off. Defo.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I noticed some of those but have not worked out how people are doing it!
Hover on the like button to make the new reaction options appear.
on a similar note im not receivng email when someone replies ?
Maybe your settings got reset during the migration to the new software.
Please check them under your account settings.

Top Bottom