Energiser Thick Boi phone: anyone else excited about this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
This phone is massive... but I suspect that you could have potential for short tours.

If it has 50 days of uptime, and 2 days of video playback - presumably can give you connectivity and navigation for a couple of days on the road.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/newsbeat-47387390

gsmarena_012.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Does it come with a trailer to tow it behind the bike? :tongue:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would say it would be far better to have a normal phone and then use battery packs. At least battery packs can be left charging in places and can be replaced easily. I would not want to carry this around all the time, for the few times I am really off grid for a few days.

OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
I would say it would be far better to have a normal phone and then use battery packs. At least battery packs can be left charging in places and can be replaced easily. I would not want to carry this around all the time, for the few times I am really off grid for a few days.
Supposedly it is twice as thick as an original iPhone. That sounds small, but I have a short memory...

Even my current phone can be used to charge other devices, so... in a way it is a battery pack too.

It may not be a user replaceable battery though.

I guess what I find appealing is the idea of not having to charge it, rather than the convenience of charging a battery pack, if that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 26715

It will also be like all phones stupidly expensive to buy, but if somebody gives it a like on faecesbook all the sheep will have to buy one

Good morning,

I thought the same and bought an external battery and never considered its self discharge rate, it went from fully charged to flat within a few weeks. :sad:

I am not sure if this was 3 or 4 weeks but I know that it was flat when I wanted to use it.

I have an iPhone 5s, it was the cheapest "free" phone that came with my contract, £11.50 per month for 300 minutes/500mb/"Unlimted texts" so it wasn't expensive and batttery life is in my view awful, well under a day if you use the device. It is now about 18 months old and was clearly a get rid of stock we will never sell to anyone other than a ludditte/cheapskate deal.

Bye

Ian

D

Deleted member 1258

Return of the house brick, ugh!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I had another look at this and is basically seems to be a not very good phone strapped to a big battery. The thing is you could buy a bigger battery for £30 and have a much better phone that won't need @Drago to carry it around for you. Their previous phone was not even widely available, so you may not be able to buy it anyway. Even worse - this is over £500.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I had another look at this and is basically seems to be a not very good phone strapped to a big battery. The thing is you could buy a bigger battery for £30 and have a much better phone that won't need @Drago to carry it around for you. Their previous phone was not even widely available, so you may not be able to buy it anyway. Even worse - this is over £500.
Yes, but it's got 5 cameras! Not that I'm sure what the point of having 5 is.....

Top Bottom