Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Most likely the pump or what ever kicking in. Our new one uses many different power levels depending upon what it is doing, circulation fan, cooling, off, etc.
I can't think of anything else it could be, what's weird is I don't see the same pattern during the day,
Cats, foxes, badgers or pervy voyeurs triggering your exterior security lights? 😁
Wish I could afford to live somewhere there was a risk of Foxes or Badgers, but No, we don't have security lights as such, I have a 5W light that is on a dusk till dawn photo cell controlled, so that should be constant throughout the night.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I can't think of anything else it could be, what's weird is I don't see the same pattern during the day,

Wish I could afford to live somewhere there was a risk of Foxes or Badgers, but No, we don't have security lights as such, I have a 5W light that is on a dusk till dawn photo cell controlled, so that should be constant throughout the night.

Gone are the days where we had 500w halogen security lights. Even my 100w ones were replaced for 10w LED. :crazy:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

Looks to be around 250w on average, cant be the fridge freezer surely???

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

I'm running out of options now.

Have you got a R.Whites Secret Lemonade Drinker in the house? 😁

Alex321

Veteran
It's only 250W that is being used by whatever is causing the spike. During the day, with overall usage higher, that will be less noticeable. Also, if it is the pump in the Fridge, it will be less predictable during the day, as the fridge door gets opened, and temperatures vary more.

D

Deleted member 26715

I think it still happens during the day, but it's masked but the Solar, you can see where the wife was doing her hairdressing yesterday with the hairdryer. I think the dips are where whatever is kicking in still is.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 11.05.35.png

D

Deleted member 26715

Seems to be a lot to be a fridge, do you have your hot water on at night and this could be the pump? It seems very frequent to be a fridge.

This is my load - as you can see practically nothing overnight and I have a large American fridge freezer with an ice marker.

Other than an outside light, a router, a couple of hubs/switches, a few DECT telephones, I can't think of anything else other than a small upright freezer & the American fridge/freezer that would be switched on at that time of night.

Edit:- there's a Freeview recorder box & a CCTV recorder, but they should be a constant pull not a spike.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Other than an outside light, a router, a couple of hubs/switches, a few DECT telephones, I can't think of anything else other than a small upright freezer & the American fridge/freezer that would be switched on at that time of night.

Edit:- there's a Freeview recorder box & a CCTV recorder, but they should be a constant pull not a spike.

It might be worth turning off a few things tonight and seeing what difference is made.

D

Deleted member 26715

It might be worth turning off a few things tonight and seeing what difference is made.

Stick a smart monitor plug on the suspect and see if it matches?
I have a spare WiFi socket which I was just using to turn some LED's on/off, I've plugged to small upright freezer into it, so if I look in 24 hours time it will give me an idea of how much it uses in a day. But other than this & the other fridge/freezer there shouldn't be anything else plugged in, even been out to the garage to make sure there's nothing in there, unplugged the compressor, but we would have heard that.

Reactions: mjr

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have a spare WiFi socket which I was just using to turn some LED's on/off, I've plugged to small upright freezer into it, so if I look in 24 hours time it will give me an idea of how much it uses in a day. But other than this & the other fridge/freezer there shouldn't be anything else plugged in, even been out to the garage to make sure there's nothing in there, unplugged the compressor, but we would have heard that.

Most likely the fridge freezer with that regularity.

Top Bottom