Energy drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
I think those quote along with red bull are bull....... I do occasionally by Powerade when it is on offer at the co-op, but only for the bottles theyre perfect for me.

I am really not into protein shakes and stuff like that, I'm a believer in listening to my body and eating a bit of everything washed don with milk, water and tea (and the occasional beer)

When on a long ride or if commuting home after a long shift or after not eating well at work i use one of the SIS gel Energy shots. I have to say i have been quite pleased with the results.
- less so with the energy bars which supposibly have more energy in them.

On a day when i am really not feeling it a gel can get me going, keep me going and have me put out a reasonable performance. You can get a box of 7 for a fiver at Chainreactioncycles at the moment. Some flavours are vile, some passable but they all go down.

I have just got an SIS starter pack with bottle for £8.99 and a variety of shakes and drinks gels and bars, its not a bad offer to get you started or to try... Once ive got through them ill report back.

When just on the commute or utility ride i generally use water with a splash of cordial if i'm feeling giddy and a hi-five tab if its hot hot hot

Cyphrex

Regular
I have issues with sweating so much in hot Texas weather that it was suggested I get an electrolyte to add to my water to help retain hydration better. I ride with a camel-back with 64oz and a 20oz Zefal water bottle. I recently picked up the GU Brew Drink Tabs (Lemon-Lime) at a local Academy for ~$2.50 per tube(12tabs;16oz each) and got 10 tubes for ~$25; I didn't want them to go off sale before I had a chance to try them since they are normally ~$5/tube. How do these taste? Cause any stomach discomfort? Does it leave any sediment at the bottom of the container like Alka-seltzer's (camel-back draws from bottom of bladder)?

Top Bottom