Energy levels as you age.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Took the grandsons out (in prehistoric times), and they were running backwards and forwards, jumping up and down. Must have covered 10 times the distance we walked. My son popped over to help move stuff around. He just picked things up by himself and carried them upstairs. It was taking me and the OH all our efforts to do the same.

I remember seeing my dad out on the bike, some 30 years ago, plodding along and thinking he was riding like an "old man". Now when I go out, I think I am riding just like he was.
That reminds me I have to tell my kids something. Recently I told them while they are young, I stay slow on the bike so they can keep up. When I'm old, they might stay slow so I can keep up. What I should and will tell them is when I'm old, they should not wait for me, just keep going. (Caveat: mawhahaha until i get myself an e-bike which by then should have a solid 100 mile range mwahahahaa!)

mustang1

Legendary Member
It may not simply be age related however, hence having an MOT (I think everyone over 40 should every few years regardless, much better to pick up potential issues early)
I am a right moron for NOT getting my MOT done. I know I really should but I keep making excuses (mainly I'm too busy at work, I'll do it tommorrow, I'll do it tomorrow, i really will, etc).

Drago

Legendary Member
Had a busy day yesterday. Early start volunteering with the covid testing, on my feet all day, then in the studio with the band all evening on my feet. As a result I have less energy than an unemployed stoner.

Top Bottom