Engineering question - how to spin a cylindrical shaft?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know its very un-manly to raise this, but what does the instruction manual suggest re sharpening?

This.

I am a big fan of hardcopy manuals.

My late father was not. With predictable consequences.

tom73

Guru
Clubs and the trade tend to have them sharpened along with the service.
Any mower repair placers will be able to do it not a big job and won't be too costly.
You can do it by hand with a hand tool diamond type sharpener without removing it. I did from time to time to keep the edge true between services.
Which ever way you do it what finish you end up with will be down to what state the cylinder is in.
Setting the blade right afterwords is key to high the cut will be hit and miss. Too low and it will catch on the bottom and damage the cylinder or worse bits flying off at speed.

november4

I've only sharpened my petrol blade mower once, with a grinder, went okay but only 1 big blade obviously....
Thinking of buying a Honda before they disappear....stopping making them

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Couldn't you do them by hand with a small oilstone - flat profile narrow one for touching up rather than a bench one? Or perhaps a small diamond hone. Doesn't have to be good enough to shave with, but just clean it up a bit. I'd be inclined to just do the bevel and leave the outside alone

Top Bottom