England Lionesses reach the World Cup Final

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
brilliant game, really enjoyed it. Sadly I'll miss the final as I'll be preparing my mum's 70th birthday party

GuyBoden

Guru
England outplayed Australia and were the better team, Hemp was outstanding, but Spain have been playing the best football in the tournament, masters of the passing/controlling game, so will be very difficult to beat in the final.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well done the Lionesses!
Don't think I'll get to see the final as away with a friend who really has no interest.:sad:

Dadam

Quiet roads for a ride on Sunday morning then! :biggrin:

I really do wish them all the best and hope they bring it home, they're much better than the blokes, but try as I might I can't watch footie for any length of time.

There doesn't seem to be any of the prima donna attitude that has always put me off the men's game.

I suppose losing our striker from the key matches for stamping on a prone opponent can't be classed as "prima donna" behaviour, so maybe you're right!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Not my cup of tea but am pleased for the Lionesses.

Best of luck to them on Sunday morning. I'll have just arrived at a reservoir for a day on the water; should be nice and quiet.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
English women have quite a good record against Spain:
1692232852243.png

From the first official England women's International gameand goal in 1972 against Scotland, to this tournament. 51 years later. Long journey to the status this tourney has but we're not there yet. Equal pay for women footballers or for male footballers. Either way would be OK by me.

Top Bottom