England Lionesses reach the World Cup Final

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I feel the same .They are there to play football not trying to get the best diver award

Professional fouls and diving is slowly creeping into the women's game.

It's happening at the same time as the money is increasing.

I reckon the two are linked.

There's a photo of a classy attempt at a tackle on the aussie captain I've seen online. It involves the aussie with the ball in front of her face with the England player attempting to kick the ball from behind the aussie. Basically a very high kick, from behind to just in front of the aussies head.

Last time I played football was at school. In those days when two footed tackles were pretty common, and worse, we'd have had a right telling off from the sports staff at school for that. Something about dangerous play.

I think the lionesses went in a bit aggressive on the aussies. Just surprised they didn't get it back in spades though. It seemed to help the I reckon. Ruthless winners perhaps?

pawl

Legendary Member
In

I do hope not but you are probably right.

The more money that comes in via various sponsorship deals influences the participants hunt for more money and success at all costs becomes the name of the game.

As I understand it Leicester City of lost key players in their search for more money and guaranteed successThese are the players that were part of the teams relegation.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
my tv cant get any channel thats showing football ;)

Best wishes to them of course but i dont subscibe to the mass hysteria that surrounds kicking a bag of air about .

GuyBoden

Guru
It was interesting to watch how Japan beat Spain 4-0 in the group stages. A very well organised Japan totally dominated Spain, with the Spanish defence looking inept, Japan were very quick on the break with deadly accurate passing and shooting. Let's hope England do the same as Japan did. :okay:

gbb

Legendary Member

While i havnt noticed it in any if the World Cup matches, I havnt watched too many games either. But as the tournament progresses (and the game in general and the money that comes with it) I suspect you're probably ( unfortunately) right.
It's getting serious now, as the money and recognition pours ( quite rightly) in...inevitably the pressures on the players will increase.

Lots of fuss about prince William not going.
Not sure why Spain are sending Queen Latifah.

(A joke so unfunny i dont dare deliver it in person)

There was no Royal representation when the males won the world cup in 2017. One of a number of world cup victories for the national team that seems to be ignored.

Nd9GcRpvh8HtNmLqqXqX9BIbyKqiVl2hmuC9L-uAw&usqp=CAU.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I know I am Scottish, but I am watching, partly out of curiosity, but also to try and glean some info for the BBC and Guardian Quiz threads 😆

I am also watching so I can say 'I saw it'.

As for going out to an empty place and doing something naughty?
No such luck up here - Most people don't give a sh*t! 😆

Vive España!

Top Bottom