England v. Algeria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Good luck, chaps. I'm off to the pub. See you on the other side.

(Tempest on Fridtjof Nansens plass if anyones interested :laugh: )

dragon72

Guru
Off to the pub in Oslo? Your bank manager's going to have a coronary!

rsvdaz

3-0 at a minimum will be tolerated..fingers crossed for a cricket score...they owe it us...dont they??

Dingerjsc

To be fair i am a scotsman so shouldn't really be allowed to comment on international football however.... i dont really get Heskey?

Not sure he is at the standard of the rest of the squad???

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Dingerjsc said:
To be fair i am a scotsman so shouldn't really be allowed to comment on international football however.... i dont really get Heskey?

Not sure he is at the standard of the rest of the squad???

I am always surprised by these comments. If you watched the first match, he was just about the most effective England player. He doesn't score many goals but as his best, he holds the ball up very well, sometimes taking out several opposition players, therefore leaving space for someone like Rooney or Gerrard to stroll through and score - as is indeed what happened for the England goal in the first match.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Dingerjsc said:
Fair point but i dont think he is as good as Crouch or Defoe?

I'd like to see Defoe do what Heskey does! Or Crouch for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Heskey should start every game, or even every second game, but as a combination with Rooney or Defoe, he can be the best option. In other situations, Rooney or Defoe alone, or other combinations might be better.

Dingerjsc

And i did mention that im a scotsman... what do i know! Dont think we've been in a tournament since the year i left school.

It was a marvelous victory against Switzerland with Sue Barker's favourite Ally McCoist scoring!

On a serious note Bougherra the Algerian had a really good season for Rangers.

potsy

Rambler
I really like Crouch,but he won't get in ahead of Rooney,and can't do what Heskey can despite his height,so that means he's always going to be a good option off the bench,similar problem for Defoe.

Top Bottom