England v. Algeria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Flying_Monkey said:
What's with all the 'we'? some of us are entirely neutral here.
Haha "all the 'we'", I said it once, and it's how I refer to any side I support, nothing to do with anyone else. If you're offended then..... sort yourself out;)

All the heartache from yesterday has now gone since England beat Australia in the test match today, 21-20. So happy about that, my positive attitude remained there and it worked ;)

mangaman

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Joe Cole's non-appearance.

Given our lack of a left sided midfielder and the fact he was the best player in the warm up games / just won the double with Chelsea / would make a natural and tried (at club level) combo with Ashley Cole - why isn't he playing?

Drop Heskey and play Gerard in the middle behind the front man with Joe Cole, Lampard, SWP/Lennon and Barry.

Consider dropping Rooney - he's clearly not right (injured or having some strop) and starting with Defoe.

One of our best players is Ashley Cole - his bombing forward for Chelsea is excellant. With Gerard always in the middle he is completely anonymous as he has stay back like an old fashioned left back.

Sadly Don Capello will stick to his dogmatic principles I fear - he obviously loves Heskey and doesn't rate Joe Cole (which begs the question why he didn't take Adam Johnson in the 1st place).

All a bit mad.

darkstar said:
All the heartache from yesterday has now gone since England beat Australia in the test match today, 21-20. So happy about that, my positive attitude remained there and it worked :biggrin:

Don't worry it will be back on Wednesday.:biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
hackbike 666 said:
Don't worry it will be back on Wednesday.:biggrin:
Nahh 1-0 scrappy win and all will be forgiven(til next game when we get beat on pens):biggrin:
Have got the option of watching it at work on Wed,and making the time up Friday night,don't know if i can be bothered after last game:sad:

Tarbo

Well my day out mountain biking tomorrow has been cancelled due to the weather, as there are flood alert for Wales tonight due all the Welsh pissing themselves at this shoot they called England.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Capello says if Rooney plays like that on wednesday he will substitute him. Wayne'll be ok. It's not the first time he'll have been pulled off by a 64 year old.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Fnaar said:
Capello says if Rooney plays like that on wednesday he will substitute him. Wayne'll be ok. It's not the first time he'll have been pulled off by a 64 year old.

This joke was funnier in the other thread Fnaar! :biggrin:

Wigsie said:
For the neutral its actually turning into a really exciting one! for the french, brits, spanish, portugese and germans its going to get incredibly nerve racking and stressful over the next 7-10 days!
I'm a Brit and I don't find it incredibly nerve racking, funny maybe ;)
I'm glad to see the French failing though they deserve that IMO after their antics in qualification.

NickM

Veteran
I am not a football expert, but what I want to know is: would Norwich City (who, after all, can field an all-English team) have beaten Algeria? I reckon they probably would.

And if they would, what are those overpaid Premiership pansies doing in South Africa?

Top Bottom