England v. Algeria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

BigSteev said:
I'm loving the way some of you seem surprised.
Taking the qualification process into consideration, then yes, drawing today is a surprise. Anyone who would have predicted this result 5 hours ago could have made a lot of money.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
darkstar said:
Very disappointing performance, though I still remain to be ever optimistic. We need to win on Wednesday, then we could even finish top. Tactics need to be sorted out, 4-4-2 is an old formation, we need to mix it up. Leave Heskey out, as soon as Defoe came on, the pace seemed to increase. David James couldn't have done anymore, he had a good game.

This was a discussion in 96, 98, 2000, 2002 etc etc etc but no one has the balls to change it and keep it changed for the must win games... I am trying to remain positive, but I can see us being like the french by the time the 2012 Euro's come around! Just no passion!

Clarence Seedorf said last night when talking about the french flop "you need heart and passion, skill is secondary!" we have all the skill, as always 4 or 5 players that would fit into any world squad but we just have no passion... why? is it the manager, is he too 'cold' and separated? or is it the overpaid passionless players?

Do you think Gazza and Pearce would come back?

Wigsie

Nincompoop
User3143 said:
:biggrin: We really do need to win on Wednesday and being vilified won't help.

This is the key, Rooney moaning at the booing will annoy the press and the fans and inturn they will come down harder...

It would be interesting to see what would happen if every single paper tomorrow had the headlines "Chin up boys, we can still do it" rather than "overpaid underworked weasels flop out" with lots of shrek and vegetable jokes thrown in. £millions in the bank or not they are still human and still need a bit of a morale boost every now and again.

Support are team through the bad times? How un english of me! I must be pissed! :blush::blush:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
hackbike 666 said:
I think we should just scrub this world cup...it's getting embarrassing.

For the neutral its actually turning into a really exciting one! for the french, brits, spanish, portugese and germans its going to get incredibly nerve racking and stressful over the next 7-10 days!

Oooohhh what fun it is to delve into a thread such as this! Something I shied back from hitherto. Commiserations to the more partisan amongst you guys! The worm may yet turn!

Actually, the remark I overheard at work today just about sums it up. "In this competition there are no underdogs". The less-fancied nations (dare I name an example?!) are in fact well-trained and managed and have the pick of their players culled from the major European and South American clubs. So of course they're going to do better than expected! They're really the same set of players as those representing the big countries, and probably on first-name terms with most of them.

Once the - er - 'favourites' of this competition realise, they each have thirty-one good teams to beat, not just half-a-dozen other 'favourites' to beat, they can get real.

The much-hyped team that scored no goals this evening, might still make good, but folks must understand a few things.

Agree?

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Peter Kay on Comedy Central now, going to cheer up... tomorrow is another day!

"How does Bob Marley Like his Doughnuts?"

"We're Jammin!"

Actually, I heard somewhere that Capello was going to sign up the BA cabin crew.

He's badly in need of a few good strikers.:blush:

IGMC.

darkstar

I always remain positive, no matter what sport, club level or international. I see no wrong with the public dreaming about winning the world cup, some of you guys are just so fickle. If England had beaten Algeria and USA you would will have been saying, 'oh well it's only crap sides, they're still shoot'. I truly believe we have the players to do well, it's just tactics and team moral. The people hiding behind computer screens or newspapers claiming they knew it all along and basking in their cynical, snidey pessimistic views just annoy me.

Sorry, I just get angry with it all.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
darkstar said:
I always remain positive, no matter what sport, club level or international. I see no wrong with the public dreaming about winning the world cup, some of you guys are just so fickle. If England had beaten Algeria and USA you would will have been saying, 'oh well it's only crap sides, they're still shoot'. I truly believe we have the players to do well, it's just tactics and team moral. The people hiding behind computer screens or newspapers claiming they knew it all along and basking in their cynical, snidey pessimistic views just annoy me.

I think we have all been reasonably positive on here :blush:

Dissapointed, but positive....

Wigsie said:
For the neutral its actually turning into a really exciting one! for the french, brits, spanish, portugese and germans its going to get incredibly nerve racking and stressful over the next 7-10 days!

Ooops I meant...England should get the plane home now...not that we should actually scrub the World Cup.:blush:

darkstar said:

Surprised at tonights result but probably not so surprised about the USA match.I have seen this all before.Im never positive I try to be a realist...and if it comes good it is a pleasant surprise.

shrew

bleh, seriously, Heskey is either off-side or on the ground for half of the match yet he's still put in for best part of the game, as soon as they switched Defoe in the team settled down alot, still... what a shambles, we made Algeria look like Brazil we played so bad.

still, we might still get through on goal differance or least yellow cards or something dubious like we often do...

Come on England )

Top Bottom